Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is to inform our membership of this incident.
Out of respect for the affected family and those involved, please be thoughtful when you post.
Any inappropriate and/or unwanted posts will be removed.
thank you.

Some RZR forum members and friends were at the St. Anthony, Idaho dunes last week.
We had a great time, but one afternoon some of us witnessed a tragic accident.

A group of us were on the way back to our camp at Sand Hills Resort when we stopped for a rest between Egin Lake and Sand Hills in the small dunes.
We saw 3 quads riding towards Sand Hills a few dunes over.
Then someone saw that one quad had crashed and was upside down.
We fired up the machines and went to see if help was needed.

Unfortunately 13 year old Hunter Christensen, from Lewiston, ID, was probably killed instantly when his quad went off a small drop off and crashed into some rocky sand. He was wearing a helmet.
His father was already giving mouth to mouth and CPR when we arrived.

The father, Bret Christensen, asked Jeff (motoxxx) to help by giving chest compressions while he continued mouth to mouth.
I called 911 and asked for the rescue sand rail and life flight helicopter, giving them GPS coordinates to our location.
We sent David and Eric east to Sand Hills for help, and Kevin west to Egin Lake.
Kristen tried to distract and console Hunter's brother and sister who were also there.
The rescue rail and helicopter arrived, but they were not able to revive Hunter and pronounced him deceased.
It was very sad and surreal.

We then helped the Sheriff and rescue team take the family and their quads to the staging area where their truck and other emergency vehicles were waiting. The Sheriff had a grief counselor waiting when we arrived.

It was a very emotionally draining afternoon for everyone involved.

Even though our efforts were in vain, I was very proud of our group and the efforts they made. Everyone did what they could to help out in this family's time of need.

Please remember to be careful out on the dunes or wherever you ride.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
It is very tragic. Thoughts and prayers go to Hunter's family and friends.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Always sad to hear. My thoughts with the family.
If any positive can be said, at least the youngen went out doing something he loved.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My prayers are with the family! In my line of work I see it a lot. Unfortunately! It is why I became a CPR first aid instructor. Been teaching that for about 8 years and I make it a habit to do classes for everyone that rides with me. You just never know. Sounds like you guys did everything that you could. Extremely hard and it takes time to heal.

sent from my dam phone using tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
really really sad....i also have a 13 year old son who loves to ride his quad. i always tell him to be careful and safe. i almost never let him ride without me....almost. my prayers are with the family.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. It's terrible that he had to go so soon, but I'm sure God has greater plans for him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will have him in my prayers. Very sorry to hear...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
What a tragic loss. God bless Hunter and his family..

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Hate to hear or read about situations like that. Glad to know you guys helped out. Prayers go out to the family and loved ones.

Drew

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
So very tragic and sad for all the family and friends. Sincere thoughts and prayers to all of you. A life lost is an unbearable hardship without the support of prayers and loving thoughts from any who can help carry this heaviest of burdens.
My deepest and sincere sympathy,
Ken

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
So sad and tragic...

My prayers to family, friends, and all involved with the rescue recovery.

Godspeed Hunter...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.