Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark Lindsey and Team Afraidium takes third at the Baja 1000 in his Polaris RZR. This, with the February Baja 500 win also makes him 2008 points champion in SCORE UTV division. Congrats to Mark, his team, and all the Sponsors. Polaris, FST, King shocks, Iron City Polaris, Lindsey Remax group, ATVonics axles, BS Sand seats, Vision X lights, Tire Balls, Maxxis tires, OMF bead locks, Maiier plastics, omf exhaust, F2 intake, Dri fire, and Clif Bar. I am sure there are more Thanks.
For me being my first time as chase at this race, What an Adventure/ torture. Definetly a awsome adventure that I will never forget! I want to give special Kudos to Jason Spiess:yr1: for all his many hours of race Prep on the car, To Marks wife Sheryl, for being such a trooper, 30 hours in the chase truck is alot and you were such a big help! Thanks.
I Can't wait to do this again!
For SCORE being there are now multiple finishes, it legitimizes the class so I suspect there will be even more competitors showing up to race the toughest off road race in the world!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bipolar Arctic cat 1st and 2nd

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
were they running the new 1000
Gncc has made it so that it can't race in ther series.
I couldn't imagine tring to keep any utv together for 1000 miles hell after a 1 hour of racing gncc you have to replace damn near everything.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one car was the 1000 cc the other was the 700. They both are supposedly stock other than safety items. We would have smoked them if we didn't have some breakage that cost us a total of 8 hours and they finished less than 2 hours infront us and we were the absolute last car off the line in Ensinada. I haven't had a chance to look for pictures yet, but you might try race dezert.com. I will try to find some or download my pictures later

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture of Mark and Co- driver Jason on corner coming out of the wash in Ensinada. The picture I have of the Red bull leap is just over a meg and I am not sure how to skinny it down.:winner_smilie:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on your title. We will have 2 UTV's entered for SCORE next year so the class will keep getting larger. The 1000cc arctic cat had dual kings on the back and the frame is extended 6 inches.

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
Congrats on the championship.The artic cat is 6"longer and running duel shocks that doesnt sound fair.Whats to keep people from running bypass shocks and making the wheel base even bigger you might as well call it A class 1

·
Registered
101 Posts
one car was the 1000 cc the other was the 700. They both are supposedly stock other than safety items. We would have smoked them if we didn't have some breakage that cost us a total of 8 hours and they finished less than 2 hours infront us and we were the absolute last car off the line in Ensinada. I haven't had a chance to look for pictures yet, but you might try race dezert.com. I will try to find some or download my pictures later
Congrats for finishing, but come on.. If my aunt was a guy she would be my uncle!

You did finish and that says a lot about your ability and your car. But the statement of "We would have smoked them if we didn't have some breakage that cost us a total of 8 hours and they finished less than 2 hours infront us" seems a little arogant to me.

How bout Congrats to the Bi-polar racing team and I will get you next time?

I'm not saying you don't deserve praise for finishing, hell I couldn't do it, but I also wouldn't make excuses and say I would have smoked someone IF blah blah blah blah blah..

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would... this is a RZR forum I like to hear the details. If it's true what he said well then 6 hours ahead would have been smoking the competition... And just because you own an Artic Cat does not mean you have to be so damn biased!! lol, sorry you have no forum to read... well not yet. When the 1000 comes out I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The if is why the rzr didin't win
The if, is why someone always wins and someone always loses.
If a frog had wings he would not bump his ass
Get em next year guys
now is the 1000 actually 1000 miles or is it more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would... this is a RZR forum I like to hear the details. If it's true what he said well then 6 hours ahead would have been smoking the competition... And just because you own an Artic Cat does not mean you have to be so damn biased!! lol, sorry you have no forum to read... well not yet. When the 1000 comes out I'm sure you will.
I like to hear details also.. Infact, what are the details of what broke that took 8 hours to fix?

I am by no means a RZR hater, actually think they are the best that you can buy currently. Yes I own an Arctic Cat, but I do spend a lot of time in a RZR.

It wouldn't have mattered to me if they were all driving Rhinos, my feelings would still be the same. Part of being a great winner is knowing how to loose.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The if is why the rzr didin't win
The if, is why someone always wins and someone always loses.
If a frog had wings he would not bump his ass
Get em next year guys
now is the 1000 actually 1000 miles or is it more.
I believe the UTV class is approx 640 miles

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have a question about running the baja. I know when we enduranced race wera 4 and 6 hours road races. we would do pits for guys that didn't have enough help. because of the distance from home they had traveled to be there. Can you find teams at the baja that will help with fuel, tires changes, general support. I would be real intersted in racing one. but would have a hard time finding enough poeple to help with the follow truck and pitting. I could probally get 3 together. 2 racers and a follow truck. but Im sure I might need more than that.
anybody I can call to talk about maybe setting this up for next year
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
There are companies that pit for almost anyone. BFG is the best for this. They have a pit near every check point. You're supposed to be running their tires though. I know there are a couple more doing this now too. Our team pitted w/ someone else this year but I don't remember who.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.