Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what trails does everybody ride from taylor park trading post? i am planning a trip out there next august 18-23 and was wondering what the must see places are. thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
there is a guide book out there,
with all the popular trails,
when i dig mine out i,ll p.m you with the title pretty much the bible,
rated so you know what you are riding on,

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
If you're planning on coming in late August, might as well come for the 4th annual RZR Forums rally. They haven't set the dates yet, but your timing is about perfect.

If you want to be in the RV park above the Taylor Park store...make your reservations NOW!! If you want to stay in a cabin by the Taylor Park store...make your reservations NOW!! Most of us make our reservations a year in advance, and even then it can be difficult.

The RZR Forums rally is drycamping in a nice place, a couple miles from the Taylor Park dump station. You can get water and fuel at the Taylor Park store.

For trails, get the "ATV Trails Guide Colorado, Taylor Park, Crested Butte" book. Book is put out by FunTreks, Inc. check 'em out at FunTreks Guide Books and Electronic Trail Guides - FunTreks Guidebooks for Jeep Trails, 4 Wheel Drive Trails, and back country roads

Pirate

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have rented the duplex for that weekend already. there we be about 12 of going out there that weekend. if the rally is that weekend, that's a win-win for me!!

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
the trails guide book is written by charles a wells
taylor park
trail maps in colour
rated easy moderate difficult
you can find this online or most any good book store

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
My brother-in-law invited me to make this trip with him.
On Friday, we rode from Taylor Park Reservoir to Tincup and then to St. Elmo. Very nice trip there and back.
On Saturday, we trailered to Crested Butte and rode from there to Aspen over Pearl Pass. Never again...lol I saw my entire life pass before my eyes at least three times. My brother-in-law was driving way too fast for those types of trails. I was tempted to hitchhike from Aspen to Crested Butte, get the truck and trailer and drive around and pick up the RZR. I didn't and we managed to survive.
On Sunday, we rode from TPR to Tincup and then over to Pitkin, stopped at the general store there in Pitkin and then rode up to Alpine Pass. There are some shear cliffs on that trail and they were a little intimidating, expecially when you had to get near the edge to allow others to pass. It was a very interesting historical ride. Learned stuff that I should have learned in school.
Sunday afternoon, I drove the RZR on the Taylor Central trails up to Cottonwood Pass. The more I drove, the more I was hooked. I was so impressed with the RZR that I'm currently looking for one for myself.
Can't wait to go back next year. If anyone hears of a good deal on an 800 LE in the western Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma area, let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts