Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nature Conservancy has just announced ownership of Tackett Creek and much more property in Tennessee and Kentucky. Does anybody know anything about this organization? Is it a bunch of tree huggers or is it a group of people that have both oars in the water?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who is this "THE NATURE CONSERVANCY" and what does this mean to us riders? Does anybody know anything about this new owner?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, they are tree huggers. This is same group that bought property around Pineville, Ky several years ago that used to be Wilderness Off-road Park. It went from a free place owned by the county, to gates and no trespassing signs and guards. We have lost another place to ride. They are supposed to build nature museums, auto scenic loops, ect. They have not done much at first location because of funding but they found funding to buy more land. Sorry but sounds like liberals taking land away from the public under promised pretense’s

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
916 Posts
The word I’m getting is they are working out a deal right now with TWRA to lease it to the TWRA and that the riding will continue let’s hope this is true

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The word I’m getting is they are working out a deal right now with TWRA to lease it to the TWRA and that the riding will continue let’s hope this is true

Hope you are right but it don't look promising.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep that's pretty much the way I was thinking it was fixing to go. That's what will take place at Tackett Creek. Just my thoughts!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I know we was at the top of the world Saturday and there was two piles of garbage knee high it was sickening

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
As always, a few can and will ruin it for the many. This is why I tend to stay home on holiday weekends anymore. Too many a-hole people in the woods! Present company excluded. I don't understand why it's so hard to pack out what you pack in. I mean sure I can understand maybe a bit of toilet paper or something, but cans, bottles, and other garbage is just ridiculous!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree anything I drink or eat, trash goes in my rig and I clean it out when I get home. When some friends and I ride someone always takes a trashbag.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts