Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wondering if anyone has been to the dunes in Syracuse KS? If so what was it like? I have been to Glamis and St Anthony's so I know it won't be like that, and it won't have the climbs like Sand Mountain, NV (been there a lot), but I have had plenty of fun at smaller areas like North Sand Hills (Walden, CO) and Pismo...I ask because I think it could be one of the places to open up sooner than later and the weather is starting to finally warm up and its about a 4 hr drive for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been there. It’s pretty flat with some small dunes. Has quite a few trails running around it. They have a few pay camp spots with hookups. Also have dry camping. You have to pay to enter dune area daily.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We reserved spots in the pay campground for the convenience...is it worth throwing the paddles on, I just changed out my Bighorns for Ultracross R’s that I don’t think will be that good in the sand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ran the bighorns. Didn’t even take the paddles. I don’t have any experience with the Ultracross R’s but you should be fine with just airing the tires down.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, I'm not expecting anything earth shattering but I'm sure it will be plenty fun, I am pretty easily entertained.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heading there on Weds, hoping for good weather and stoked to ride finally, my new tires still have all the little nubs. Going to throw the paddles in the truck in case the ITP's are god awful in the sand...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First day riding here...pretty fun actually. Had to switch the ITP’s out and put my paddles on, I was able to get around with them but they were definitely bogging the motor, the sand is pretty heavy compared to something like St Anthony’s. Paddles woke it up a lot. No big hills here but some fun runs through the sagebrush, there isn’t a lot of wide open dunes, but it’s pretty fun to find a trail and roll it like a rollercoaster. Wind is so bad this afternoon and that we had to call it a day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts