Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SXS WARS 2015!

GENERAL RULES

These rules are not perfect. Being a new event its going to need to be worked over.

Now that I've said that, if you need or see a change that would help, please say so now. Don't wait until the race is over to want to change things. Rules are up for discussion for a few days but I will lock them down after i receive some input. lets say everyone has until 12/28/2014 TO RUN CHANGES BUY ME OR POST IN THIS THREAD.

Driver Rules & Regulations

FOR DRIVERS 16 YEARS AND OLDER – to be verified by drivers license or birth certificate.

One (1) driver per bike - per class. One (1) driver entry per class, no switching drivers, no double entries in a class. A substitute rider may enter if the original rider becomes ill or injured at officials discretion. Riders under no circumstances can be switched to gain a competitive advantage during a class.

Full face helmet with shield or shatter proof goggles. – Standard sunglasses/prescription glasses are not recommended as the only source of protection.

Shoes above the ankle such as boots, high tops, or hiking shoes are recommended. No sandals or vans allowed.

Long pants required, no sweats pants or shorts allowed.

Long sleeve shirts REQUIRED - fire suit preferred.

NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the pits or staging area. NO DRUGS or other ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES shall be permitted on premises. Drivers shall not use any of the substances above before or during the race. Any driver that is impaired will be disqualified and fees will not be returned.

Anyone caught cheating and entering their bike in a lower CC class will be disqualified and their fees will not be refunded. Driver and owner may also be banned from future SXS WARS events.

Only 1 number per bike/vehicle. NO switching number plates on vehicles, doing so will result in disqualification, fees will not be refunded. Participants must compete with the same bike and number for the entire race season for championship points to be awarded.

Competitors in each respective cc groupings, may move up a class. No moving down, to a lower class than your build specs at.

Point earnings will be applied to the SXS/owner being entered into the series. Frame numbers will be established for all SXS’s.

If a maintenance issue arises with your bike during a preliminary or final heat once the class has started, you will have 2 minutes to make ANY necessary repairs to the bike. Once an official is notified or becomes aware of the issue the 2 minutes will be announced and begin. Once the 2 minutes expires you will be disqualified if the bike is not ready to race. You should have sufficient gas in the tank to make the required passes to win (YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ADD ANY GAS DURING OR AFTER THE RACE UNTIL TECH IS COMPLETED).

*If you need to add gas before the class race is over , you must notify a official before or during registration. you should have the proper tire pressure prior to lining up for your class, you should have the specified # plates mounted in the proper locations, not paper plates scribbled with a marker. Proper attire is mandatory and will be cause for disqualification as well. SXS WARS reserves the right to deem any vehicle or participant unsafe and allow sufficient time for repairs. Example: loose chains, leaking gas, bent rims, or flat tires.

Tech Inspection – will be held immediately following the finals on the top 2 finishers. Do not return to your pit. Proceed to tech inspection upon completing your final race. Not doing so will result in disqualification. All participants must be prepared with replacement parts to assemble motors after random tech inspections. This includes head gaskets at owners expense. Only owner/rider are allowed in SXS WARS trailer during tech inspection.

Tech can include:

(If there is any questions ask them now to avoid a disqualification)

Bore and Stroke

Fuel

Frame density

Weight

Turbo sz, and turbo internals

FALSE START (For races without electronic controls or red lights): When the front wheel of an sxs leaves the starting line before the starter has started the race. This will be called by the line judge on either side of the track. A single false start will eliminate the participant from that race. Two false starts will eliminate the participant from that days event. Example: Preliminary race #1 racer false starts, Preliminary race #2 racer false starts – racer done for day. Each racer is allowed 1 false start during the day. Second false start eliminates racer for that day.

Race Start - Each race start will be managed by a starting light system. Details to be reviewed in each drivers meeting. Competitor participants that fail to start or stop running in the staging area will be allowed 120 seconds to fire their engine for a given race. Failure for racers to fire their engines in the designated time frame will result in disqualification. Subsequent race delays will be managed on a case by case basis by the race director.

Racer support – each racer will be allowed no more than 2 team handlers in the pre-staging and staging areas. Once a racer/bike enters the staging areas fuel cannot be added to the tank unless performed by an race official until tech is completed. Adding air to tires is not allowed. Chain adjustment or other safety maintenance issues can only be performed if approved prior by a race official. Violations of any of the above stated rules will result in disqualification.

Race Finish - (For races without electronic controls or electronic win lights) Will be determined by the finish line judges at a designated place on the track. Details to be reviewed in each drivers meeting. Top two (2) finishers must report to the tech trailer immediately following the class final. Exiting the track prior to reporting to tech will result in disqualification.

Protests - can only be made by registered contestants in a given race. Protests must be filed with the Event Director within 30 minutes of the event results. Protests will be accepted based on completing the protest form in writing and tendering a protest fee of $200. Official’s protests may be entered at any time during the event at no charge by the proper officials. Each protest must specify the violation of SXS WARS rules, procedures, or race result, which is alleged and must be accompanied with a protest fee of $200.

If an inspection or review proves a protested SXS to be out of its proper class, protest fees will be refunded, less expenses, and the non-complaint entry will be subject to such action as the event director or technical committee may impose, including but not limited to possible disqualifications, fines, suspension and/or revocation of competition privileges for up to 1 year.

However, in the case of a protested party found in compliance with the requirements of its class of competition will be entitled to the protest fee.

The race director will not accept verbal protests or protests which are not accompanied by the required fee.

SXS WARS reserves the right to inspect, review, or protest participants it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is frivolous or intentional abuse of current competition rules, to otherwise gain some unfair competitive advantage.

Vehicles must be well constructed and in good condition. SXS WARS officials may at anytime at their discretion deem a vehicle unsafe.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES. ALL VEHICLES MUST MEET TECH INSPECTION.

Vehicles must have working KILL SWITCHES, IGNITION KEY

Race numbers will be required on all racing SXSs and will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. Race numbers are to be placed on the front and both sides of the SXS. The minimum number size will be 6” high. All numbers need to be displayed legibly on the appropriate back ground

NO exterior starting devices allowed. Exterior battery assist or jump OK.

Fully functional rear brakes mandatory.

All participants will be required to have the mandatory 4 point safety harnesses free of damage or significant wear.

VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THE ABOVE STATED RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
So we're is this gonna be held ?comp ?banshee hill ?or the drag flats ?

Sent from my iPhone using My finger

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Why do we need numbers? It's a drag

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Pie plate ok ??

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Any teardowns

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The easiest is checking stroke and compression maybe in money classes cause people will cheat LOL bBUT I Can't wait

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I personally don't have a problem with pie plates but I'm not the boss. Banshee hill is where it's going to be at.
Tear downs if someone protest your win. (At a fee to the protester)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts