Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I took the swaybar off on my stock rhino and it made a night and day difference in the ride. I ride mostly in the woods on trails in rocks so I am thinking the same would be true if I removed it on my rzr 4. Anyone done this and do you need to do the front ones also? Is there a quick disconnect kit without buying the entire swaybar? Thanks in advance....Scooter:question:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello - I took the swaybar off on my stock rhino and it made a night and day difference in the ride. I ride mostly in the woods on trails in rocks so I am thinking the same would be true if I removed it on my rzr 4. Anyone done this and do you need to do the front ones also? Is there a quick disconnect kit without buying the entire swaybar? Thanks in advance....Scooter:question:
What kind of differences you talking about :question:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Definately more wheel travel on the front with it removed....but if you trail ride a bunch I would leave both of them on....if you crawl the rocks and play in the sand you'll enjoy it more with them off...

I have not seen a quick disco kit but them make them for the jeeps and I am sure you could modify a set to fit...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a much smoother ride on the Rhino when it was taken off. In fact, Yamaha was doing it as part of a recall to actually make it more stable, even though there was more body roll and it felt less stable. In looking at the front of the RZR (i'm no mechanic) I can't find one in the front....I wonder if there is one?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It was a much smoother ride on the Rhino when it was taken off. In fact, Yamaha was doing it as part of a recall to actually make it more stable, even though there was more body roll and it felt less stable. In looking at the front of the RZR (i'm no mechanic) I can't find one in the front....I wonder if there is one?
The RZR S does not have a front swaybar just on the rear. The 50" model comes with both front and back. I removed both of mine soon as I upgraded the springs and it rides so much smoother:ride: I have since upgraded to WER shocks and now it rides like a Caddy through the woops and rocks:rofl3:
Quick note: The front one make a great campfire poker:rofl3:

G

·
Yep..no front swaybar on the 4...I have the rear one disconnected right now, I just removed the links and strapped the ends out of the way. I haven't had it that way long enough to say for sure if I am going to leave it..I does ride better in the rougher stuff but there is more body roll when cornering at speed..not enough so far to make me uncomfortable but I haven't done any crazy cornering with it disconnected either.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm going to be taking my rear swaybar off of my 4.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up taking of the swaybar on my 4 and I really like it much better. I really smooths out the rocks and doesn't seem much more tippy than with it on. I am sure I will leave it off. I appreciate everyone's input.

G

·
I am on very steep inclines and it will lean a lot with it off. It does ride smoother, but does lean a lot more if you aren't going evenly up or down something.
Yeah I noticed this,side slope can be a little uncomfortable. I actually had the left front tire come up off the ground, crossing a fairly steep side slope and turned left to go up hill and saw the left front tire lift..same place with the swaybar it had never lifted like that.
Also I like to hotdog(as much as a 4 will hot dog:rofl3:) on the flat trails from time to time and the body roll is pretty bad at speed..same curves with and without the swaybar I have to slow down alot more without the bar..
It does make the rough stuff a little smoother,which is great...but I think I will hook mine back up for now...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.