Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I push down on the front and/or back of my 17 RZR XP 4 1000, the suspension remains down and I have to pull it back up. It's not bouncy like a car suspension would be.

Is that normal? If not, recommendations?

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
If it is setting on pavement then the tires will under the suspensions. Probably not a good test.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
It should not be bouncy that would indicate wore out shocks. But it should return some ,it is controlled by the force of the spring . Check your ride height and spring preload. Also check clean and lube all suspension points ...do not over torque when you reassemble

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good point, however my thinking is shock needs to be nitrogen recharged. Question is.... why? Internals bad? One of my shocks had this exact failure.

·
xc racer
1,365 Posts
The nitrogen charge does exert some extending pressure on the shock but it is only a small amount.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,252 Posts
For a rebuild it’s 25.00 per shock.
That's the price of the "shock rebuild kit", meaning seals and fluid, it does not include labor. That is also the price they charge during an RIS valving install, if you just send your shocks in for rebuild, with no other work being performed, you're still looking at $250 + shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts