Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine is a 2 seater, have a box in the back with gear, jack and a few items. Bags inside full as well, plus a few light bars, speaker and stereo setup, Rugged radio. Weight adds up, especially when you bring a passenger along:)

I avoided the ST spring upgrade as well, went with Eibach b/c they are more stock like - not true dual rate. We will see how they work out. I have a buddy with a 2019, bought at the same time and very close to the same miles, will track how his sags over time. I think he is in about the same boat as me right now.

From what I've been reading the ride height on the Dynamix is super important, so you need to keep them at/near factory to keep it working right? No brainer for me, I want that ride to stay soft and plush like it was from the factory. So far this machine is a blast, huge upgrade over my 2014 1k - although it too was very good...

Pretty sure Eibach is a true dual/rate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I originally bought a Turbo S after reading how awesome the suspension was suppose to be. My wife and riding partner is Handicapped so I was looking for the best riding suspension system I could get so that she could enjoy more riding adventures with me. My previous two machines both had the Eibach spring kits from ADS racing shocks. After getting the Turbo S I was really let down and unhappy with how it rode compared to my Previous XP1K ride command. I contacted ADS and took the shocks down to their shop. I was asked if I would do some R &D testing with them to help get some data for the Fox Live valve shocks. After 3 months and several hundred miles of testing I have to say working with them was awesome. Tested were several different spring combinations and shock setups. They listened to what I had to say and used my input and the data collected to come up with several different spring and shock setups for all types of riding conditions. I was not the only one testing for them. They had another 2 seat and two 4 seat machines also testing setups. I was probably the most demanding as I was looking for something specific out of my setup. I mostly ride tough technical trails and rock crawl when my wife is not riding with me. I wanted my machine to be ultra plush but also able to take big hits and not bottom when needed. With the data that was collected they were able to put together the best suspension package I have ever had on any machine I have owned. If you are looking to have your suspension done I would suggest contacting Karl Mason at ADS racing shocks in Tucson AZ. They were great to work with and will go above and beyond to make sure your machine is the best it can be for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I originally bought a Turbo S after reading how awesome the suspension was suppose to be. My wife and riding partner is Handicapped so I was looking for the best riding suspension system I could get so that she could enjoy more riding adventures with me. My previous two machines both had the Eibach spring kits from ADS racing shocks. After getting the Turbo S I was really let down and unhappy with how it rode compared to my Previous XP1K ride command. I contacted ADS and took the shocks down to their shop. I was asked if I would do some R &D testing with them to help get some data for the Fox Live valve shocks. They listened to what I had to say and used my input to put together the best suspension package I have ever had on any machine I have owned. With the R & D testing complete on both the 2 and 4 seat Turbo S I would suggest contacting Karl Mason at ADS racing shocks in Tucson AZ. They were great to work with and will go above and beyond to make sure your machine is the best it can be for you.
Awesome! What kind of riding do you do? What all did they change on your setup?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I ride in the Arizona desert and mountains. We try to mostly ride tough technical trails and rock and boulder crawl. When my wife is with me we mostly ride just forest service roads and trails that are not to rough. I made an edit to my post so you might want to re read it. I was asked by ADS to not give out specifics but here is what basically was done. All the shocks were taken apart cleaned and re-valved. Some internal modifications were made and oil is replaced with their synthetic oil. All 4 shocks were modified to add a schrader valve on the bottom of the reservoir so nitrogen changes can be made quickly and easily. Eibach springs were used and all of the lower and upper springs were replaced. Crossover rings were added to all 4 shocks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ride in the Arizona desert and mountains. We try to mostly ride tough technical trails and rock and boulder crawl. When my wife is with me we mostly ride just forest service roads and trails that are not to rough. I made an edit to my post so you might want to re read it. I was asked by ADS to not give out specifics but here is what basically was done. All the shocks were taken apart cleaned and re-valved. Some internal modifications were made and oil is replaced with their synthetic oil. All 4 shocks were modified to add a schrader valve on the bottom of the reservoir so nitrogen changes can be made quickly and easily. Eibach springs were used and all of the lower and upper springs were replaced. Crossover rings were added to all 4 shocks.
Do you have the Dynamix suspension on your RZR? If so, how did that come into play with what ADS did? I live in AZ and have ADS on my buggy/Jeep as well as my truck - love what they do. I wasn't sure if I'd work with them on my RZR through because of the Dynamix technology. Maybe I'll give them a call.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Yes I have the Dynamix suspension on my Turbo S. Working on the shocks did not effect how the Dynamix works. In fact it makes the shocks work much better.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts