Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I measured my ride height and found that the vehicle had sagged from its 16” ride height to 11”. I adjusted the spring collars front and rear to bring the ride height back up to 16” (from the ground to the skid plate). I looked at the springs today and noticed that the smaller top springs have now collapsed to near bind. Has this happened to anyone else. Besides Shock Therapy where else should I turn?

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
My rear is also low at 14" with all the weight I have added. I can't tell from the picture how you can tell that you are near collapse with the springs. How do you judge that?
thanks

·
craigstumph
9,586 Posts
Over the weekend I measured my ride height and found that the vehicle had sagged from its 16” ride height to 11”. I adjusted the spring collars front and rear to bring the ride height back up to 16” (from the ground to the skid plate). I looked at the springs today and noticed that the smaller top springs have now collapsed to near bind. Has this happened to anyone else. Besides Shock Therapy where else should I turn?
I have Eibach springs. True dual rate with stop nuts. Please send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no air gap between the upper aping coils. They are in a state of bond. All they are currently doing is acting as a spacer at this point.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
There is no air gap between the upper aping coils. They are in a state of bond. All they are currently doing is acting as a spacer at this point.
That top spring is just a helper spring. It really is not doing much as the stock set up is not a true dual rate set up. A dual rate spring kit with the right spring rates and crossover rings would do wonders for the Turbo S. The suspension in stock form is pretty damn good, but a really good spring kit will help out.

·
craigstumph
9,586 Posts
Turbo S Eibach Dual Rate springs with stop nuts for cross overs is due out next week (1-30-19). Let me know if you want them. Eibach is made in USA and build top notch springs. Eibach are better springs than comes from Polaris on their machines. Improved ride and bottoming resistance without sagging after time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Measure from the ground to the bottom of the skid plate front and rear. Front 16.5”. Rear 16”

Where is that measurement coming from? Is it from Polaris/manual?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What is everyone using for stock suspension settings? Ground clearance is a few inches low on my machine. Obviously I can spend $2-5G on upgrades but I'm wondering what's the best setup with stock parts? Just crank up the preload? That's really the only option, right? Is coil bind a concern with enough added preload? 2019 TS4 with about 100lbs added. I'd prefer to set it up for duning/trail riding.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What is everyone using for stock suspension settings? Ground clearance is a few inches low on my machine. Obviously I can spend $2-5G on upgrades but I'm wondering what's the best setup with stock parts? Just crank up the preload? That's really the only option, right? Is coil bind a concern with enough added preload? 2019 TS4 with about 100lbs added. I'd prefer to set it up for duning/trail riding.
If you are trying to get out as inexpensively as possible, call Brian at Extreme RZR Performance. $295 shipped for tender springs. I'm a happy camper. Ride height back and ride seems to be about the same. You can spend $900-$1700 for true dual-rate springs, or springs and a revalve. That's supposed to be the holy grail for both ride height and better ride quality, but it all depends on how far you want to go. Like I said, happy camper here for $295.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you. I'd prefer to spend $0 on something that shouldn't NEED to be replaced to be used as advertised. Which is why I wondered what ppl were doing with the stock equipment.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Thank you. I'd prefer to spend $0 on something that shouldn't NEED to be replaced to be used as advertised. Which is why I wondered what ppl were doing with the stock equipment.
The OEM upper springs don't NEED to be replaced and they work exactly as intended from the factory.

What do I get for $30k?
You don't get a dual rate shock setup and if you paid $30k for a RZR you might want to look for a new dealer.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts