Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welp, need some advice. Oddball clunks. Nothing I can tell is loose. Pulled wheels and shocks, nothing loose. Maybe spring spacer, a little play. Suggestions?

2015, 3500-ish miles. Garage Products bushings everywhere but the shock eyes.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The stock fox shocks on mine and a buddy's started to make a weird clunk at about the same mileage, around 3000 miles, both 2015's. Checked shocks, everything seemed tight, replaced bushings but clunk was still there, was driving us both nuts..

Turns out the shocks had lost preasure and were in need of a revalve. Sent our shocks off to shock therapy for a full rebuild and sure enough, no more clunk.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I've already done the Schmidty cap replacement and checked that.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welp, need some advice. Oddball clunks. Nothing I can tell is loose. Pulled wheels and shocks, nothing loose. Maybe spring spacer, a little play. Suggestions?

2015, 3500-ish miles. Garage Products bushings everywhere but the shock eyes.

What is the situation that causes the clunks. Full droop? Full compression? Front/Rear?

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the situation that causes the clunks. Full droop? Full compression? Front/Rear?
Just normal trail riding, minor bumps. Not consistent. I think it's the rear. No stones stuck anywhere.

I think I'm going to have to put my GoPro on a stick and take a local ride.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just normal trail riding, minor bumps. Not consistent. I think it's the rear. No stones stuck anywhere.

I think I'm going to have to put my GoPro on a stick and take a local ride.

I'd remove the rear sway bar. It is easy to do.

If the cluck is still there....
Then, trade sides with the shock/spring assembly?

See what happens.

·
Slick Rock Red
31 Posts
My 2015 900s makes a clunking sound too. Sounds like something is rattling around in the drive train(?) I've replaced the axles, then the bushing under the secondary clutch, (Ads/Triple S did the work) Then I replaced the belt. Still no dice. I would like to know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts