Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man ive rode it a little around the shop here this morning and this thing has some sick power! It will hands down beat a RZR. Tonight we are going to get some video of some head to head drag racing. Might even do a race Commander vs. GSX-RZR!

Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Man ive rode it a little around the shop here this morning and this thing has some sick power! It will hands down beat a RZR. Tonight we are going to get some video of some head to head drag racing. Might even do a race Commander vs. GSX-RZR!

Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777
So, is this how it works...?

Log on to the RZRforums to see vendors bash the RZR?

There is a separate forum for that stuff you know...but I guess rubbing salt in the wounds of RZR owners is the new cool thing to do.

I personally don't care since I have a RZR 4, but I anticipate a similar reaction if/when Can Am or someone else comes out with a four seater that will beat the RZR 4.

Just one question.....after you alienate the current RZR owners, do you expect them to buy from you ?

just curious....:rollfinger:

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts

Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

There is a separate forum for that stuff you know...but I guess rubbing salt in the wounds of RZR owners is the new cool thing to do.

I personally don't care since I have a RZR 4, but I anticipate a similar reaction if/when Can Am or someone else comes out with a four seater that will beat the RZR 4.

Just one question.....after you alienate the current RZR owners, do you expect them to buy from you ?

^ You're joking right?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
No, not really.

I've seen the Can Am in action. I know what it can do. Not bad for what it is, but I don't own one, so I'm not really interested in reading about the great performance or about any products for them.

If I want more info on the Can Am I'll join that forum.

Pretty simple really. I joined the RZRforums because I own a RZR. I like to read about RZR's and I buy parts for RZR's.

I realize you guys are in business to make money, but posting on the RZR forums about how great the Can Am is, isn't going to win you any friends among the RZR owners.

But, that's just my opinion. :rollfinger:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777
Do us all a favor that nobody so far has... lets see a race thats not a straight line... I wanna see something with some nice turns and some jumps would be even better. We all know the Commander is fast going straight, but I have heard a lot of negativity of how tippy this machine is. It appears you can go two routes... get a RZR-S and add a turbo for about $19k or go get a Commander 1000 and then drop another 5K in a LT kit and be around that same price. But stock for stock in "real world" riding I don't see how the Commander can keep up on the twistys, jumps, bumps with a RZR-S regardless of the HP it has. I really like the Commander from what I have seen and I love the Rotax... but I am over all the straight line races that claim the Commander dominates the RZR-S. Get the 2 machines on a track or woods or some fire roads

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Pretty simple really. I joined the RZRforums because I own a RZR. I like to read about RZR's and I buy parts for RZR's.
Nobody made you click on the thread, and then respond to it. It's fairly clear by the thread title that it was going to be Can Am related. If you don't want to read about it, don't open the thread.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Grow up. The man was just stating the obvious. I am not going to trade my RZR just because the Can Am will beat it in a drag race. It is silly to think anyone would quit buying from him because he said that.

·
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

^ You're joking right?
Bashing? Its stating my personal observation about this new machine from a RZR owners point of view. All off-road enthusiasts I know want to hear anything and everything about this new commander so this is my personal opinion.
But lets state the obvious of course it will be faster hmmm... 1000cc compared to a 760cc sorry pal just stating the obvious. This forum is to tell consumers whats up with products so i am telling you from personal experiance, yes stock to stock of course right now the cam-am will win.
But who on here really thinks Polaris is going to sit back and let Can-am have a machine out perform the RZR because we all know that the RZR is the cat's meow?
Thanks for chiming in though cool trick!

I am not on here though to bash other vendors. This is an open discussion about the RZR vs Commander, thats it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

^ You're joking right?
Bashing? Its stating my personal observation about this new machine from a RZR owners point of view. All off-road enthusiasts I know want to hear anything and everything about this new commander so this is my personal opinion.
But lets state the obvious of course it will be faster hmmm... 1000cc compared to a 760cc sorry pal just stating the obvious. This forum is to tell consumers whats up with products so i am telling you from personal experiance, yes stock to stock of course right now the cam-am will win.
But who on here really thinks Polaris is going to sit back and let Can-am have a machine out perform the RZR because we all know that the RZR is the cat's meow?
Thanks for chiming in though cool trick! Wheres your can-am?!? :rofl3:

I am not on here though to bash other vendors. This is an open discussion about the RZR vs Commander, thats it.

I'm not butt hurt at all about your post... you all do a great service to the RZR guys out here. I think having vendors like yourself and UTV Inc. who are unbiased and have just about one of every SXS besides the "Big Red" are the best source for a good comp.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Do us all a favor that nobody so far has... lets see a race thats not a straight line... I wanna see something with some nice turns and some jumps would be even better. We all know the Commander is fast going straight, but I have heard a lot of negativity of how tippy this machine is. It appears you can go two routes... get a RZR-S and add a turbo for about $19k or go get a Commander 1000 and then drop another 5K in a LT kit and be around that same price.
We've actually seen the exact opposite with the swaybar setup on the Can Am, it is VERY stable and can be whipped around much more confidently than a std rzr, it is very comparable to an S in that area.

I think comparing the two with a ton of aftermarket parts is besides the point. Most people aren't going to turbo the rzr and most people won't be buying lt for the Commander. Compare them stock for stock. A direct comparison in various types of terrain has already been done but we've got no idea when it will be released.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey, that's cool. I'm not all messed up over it as you make it out to be. And you're right, the title did reference Can Am...I should have just kept going.

It just struck me funny that recently there has been a lot of discussion about the Can Am on the RZRforum. No big deal. :popcorn:

·
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't mean to start a bad topic guys, I am just very excited to have this machine in our shop to really test it out. There is much discussion as to which machine will handle better. Some of us here believe the RZR will still have it some have their money on the Commander. I know there are many people on here that want to hear about this new machine. But i will let this thread die. And post about the Can-am elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Do us all a favor that nobody so far has... lets see a race thats not a straight line... I wanna see something with some nice turns and some jumps would be even better. We all know the Commander is fast going straight, but I have heard a lot of negativity of how tippy this machine is. It appears you can go two routes... get a RZR-S and add a turbo for about $19k or go get a Commander 1000 and then drop another 5K in a LT kit and be around that same price.
We've actually seen the exact opposite with the swaybar setup on the Can Am, it is VERY stable and can be whipped around much more confidently than a std rzr, it is very comparable to an S in that area.

I think comparing the two with a ton of aftermarket parts is besides the point. Most people aren't going to turbo the rzr and most people won't be buying lt for the Commander. Compare them stock for stock. A direct comparison in various types of terrain has already been done but we've got no idea when it will be released.
That was the point I was trying to get to... stock "S" to a stock Commander... I feel the 800 is a closer comp but I wouldn't shy away from the 1000 at all. In the areas I ride you are lucky to get to 45 with all the turns so anything past that does not play a big issue 90% of the time.... its the agility thats going to get you out in front... that and torque. Yes the Rotax is a torque monster, but I feel the "S" lays it down plenty enough to keep it ahead on a track. Not saying the Commander does not have it, but nobody has posted a vid of it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hey, that's cool. I'm not all messed up over it as you make it out to be. And you're right, the title did reference Can Am...I should have just kept going.

It just struck me funny that recently there has been a lot of discussion about the Can Am on the RZRforum. No big deal. :popcorn:
:beer3:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I'm sure the power is there I just didn't like the machine over all. It does have some nice features. I'd be a little worried about everything workind in the mud and muck in the long run. Between the different keys, the throttle smoothing deal, Heck even the sensors in the seat belt that limits your speed if not buckled up. The more eletronic stuff you add the higher the chance of having issues. Also you end up with more junk to check when you do have a problem. I'm looking foward to seeing them on the trail to see how they do.
You can't expect them to run them on a race course to compare them. Lets be honest thats as much up to the driver as the machine. A straight up drag race is the best way to compare them as far as engine performance.. How they handle just comes down to opinion. I'd like to see you guys do your own heads up video. People still seem to debate the real world speed difference between the two.. The more videos out there the better..

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I dont mind reading about the commander. I just with that the threads linked to a commander forum instead of clogging up this forum with commander discussion. everybody has the right to post what they want so who am i to say you cant post it here. This is a rzr forum though. I dont go to a motorola droid forum to sort through 10 posts on new apps for the iphone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts