Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my stock (worn out radius rods) with SuperAtv's high clearance boxed rods. After installing them I notice a lot of play in the lower arms.

1. 2016 XP4 Turbo
2. Is the play in these normal?
3. If not, should I try adjusting the heim's on each end which might put them out of spec?
4. The kit did come with several types of inserts for the rods, followed the instructions for my particular setup but am wondering if I should swap out the inserts for the slightly longer ones.

Thanks for the help guys, happy new year!!!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
There should be zero play in them. They come with misalignment spacers for 10mm & 12mm bolts. The 16 XPT uses 10mm bolts, you probably installed the wrong spacers.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,147 Posts
when you say they're loose and have play...do you mean they move at the bolt holes, or just that they will move (rotate) front to rear when you grab the rod? There shouldn't be any movement on the bolt, but you will be able to rotate them front to rear a bit since they have a spherical bearing and rod end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you say they're loose and have play...do you mean they move at the bolt holes, or just that they will move (rotate) front to rear when you grab the rod? There shouldn't be any movement on the bolt, but you will be able to rotate them front to rear a bit since they have a spherical bearing and rod end.
The move (rotate) front to rear when you grab the rod. All the bolts at are tight at each of the ends. I was reading on SuperAtv's website on those rods (Q&A) section and a couple others had a simliar situation. The reply was that yes they will have some play, mine just seems very easy to rotate as opposed to the top radius rods which do move but not nearly as much....

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,147 Posts
That movement is normal, the amount and ease you can move them with will depend on how the suspensions comes to rest. You also have more leverage to rotate the lower rods by hand when you grab them at the high point, so they would feel easier to rotate compared to the top as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know the measurements for stock radius rods for an 18 XPT mine are so bent, I can’t use them to set up my new SATV boxed high clearance ones

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,147 Posts
Does anyone know the measurements for stock radius rods for an 18 XPT mine are so bent, I can’t use them to set up my new SATV boxed high clearance ones

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net
Measured Center to Center of the bolt holes:

Upper - 24 1/4"
Lower - 25 3/32"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts