Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1495762815.566526.jpg ImageUploadedByRZRForums.net1495762828.667150.jpg I have a lttle over 400 miles and now it's getting warner in the Desert so I had to try and help the situation out. My cup holders might as well be coffee warmers. I got this aluminm backed, sandwitched bubble wrap for an air gap style insulation from Home Depot. Used high temp 260 deg aluminum tape and scissors to cut out all the pieces. Since the insulation holds it's shape pretty good I made another insert around the radiator pipes inside the console. Will be testing this weekend an report back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just used the spray in expanding foam. Worked pretty well. Yours looks nicer though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
I used the same bubble wrap stuff just around the cup holders and it made a big difference. I was thinking about adding more like yours since it worked so well. Let us know how you like it

·
Registered
449 Posts
Firewall gets hot too. When the temps get hotter, I am considering doing something similar to it. Right now with the temps cool at times it keeps my feet warm.?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about covering my whole firewall behind the seats with the same insulation. Then cover the silver exposed with some black vinyl car style fabric. It would kinda be like a blanket on the rear wall. I also bought some molded floor mats and gunna insulate the bottom of them too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Firewall gets hot too. When the temps get hotter, I am considering doing something similar to it. Right now with the temps cool at times it keeps my feet warm.?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I installed these awhile back. I wonder if you could put that between the aluminum pieces and the firewall? How thick is the insulation?

Inner Fender Armor; Front - Thunderhawk PZ7974 - Thunderhawk Performance
I haven't noticed heat coming from the inner fender area, more from the firewall area behind dash. My XP1K had a turbo hood which aided cooler fresh air, however, I noticed my new XPT had a deflector to capture the air coming through the hood opening and redirected it to the larger radiator and intercooler. I believe this increased heat being dissipated is increasing the heat into the cab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts