Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the +6 LT kit from them and my rear axle on one side keeps popping out. I've switched axles and it's always that axle doesn't matter what side it is. Anyone know why this would be happening? Also does anyone know how to adjust the shocks. Just trying to figure it out on how to set up for whoops and stuff like that so I don't get bucked all over the place. Any help will help. Thanks

·
Just kidding!
10,725 Posts
Sometimes the boots are stretched out too far then clamped.This will pull the axle out when the axle extends.The axle extends out when its at full droop That could be the problem maybe?.What shocks do you have?

·
Just kidding!
10,725 Posts
I dont know about the shocks.the axle you can just make sure it plunges all the way in and out on the cv without the boot effecting it.Hope that helps also spreading the spring clip on the axle may help before you put it in.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You will need to decide what is going on with the car for making adj. You want the wheel to float up and down while still taking bit to the ground. While leaving the car level to the ground. The way I set up the shocks is to do some run times. You will need to do a run to make sure the shocks get warmed up and read. I set all my adj to the middle for a starting point. You will need to feel the car and see if it is bottoming out or bucking. You will have to try to find the happy in the middle. You will need to set the compression nob so that you will not be bottoming out thought the whoops. As for rebound. That is a fun one. You will need to take the car through the whoops. If the starts bucking then then the rebound is prob set to fast. If the wheels pack them selfs and dont extend back out fast enough you will feel like you are bottoming out. So rebound sometimes does effect the compression set up. I like to set up my rebound first. I like to try to get video of the car while it is in the works and play it back in half speed. You will be able to see the wheels in action and will see what im talking about for the rebound if it is to fast or to slow. I mainly set my compression on HIGH sleep landings. IE jumping. You also want to be able to bottom out at least once. Then you know you are using the full set up of the suspension. It does take some time to figure out what does what. But once you understand on how to adj your shocks. You will never look back. You will always want to fine tune it. I can never leave my shocks alone. I am always fine tuning them for different riding styles and adding weight or people. There is another key there. You will need to set up your car with everything that you will be taking. Because 100lbs will make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts