Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I've got the SuperATV 1.5" forward arms on portals, I did their "super duty" 300M ball joints, have around 470 miles on them and no play. They seem to be holding up well so far.

I wish SATV had the screw in ball joints for the pro's but they dont offer them yet, and I would have to get all new arms to support them. :(

·
craigstumph
2019 ultra low geared Turbo S 4
15,152 Posts
Stock ball joints are fine for cruising dirt roads. Big tires, portals and extreme tails require better ball joints. Last time I had my 1000 in Moab I broke a ball joint and took out a wheel and an axle. Also killed two days of riding time until I got it all fixed. Up grade to screw ins or Kellers. I have a forum discount if you need to get better parts.

·
7,425 Posts
Is there a serious issue with stock ball joints failing?
Depends on how you drive and the terrain. They don't really "fail" but stock ball joints don't hold up to more extreme driving conditions. A small rock or a little stump could easily ruin your weekend and your wallet on stock ball joints.

Like Craig said above, totally fine for slow cruising on stock tires...but anything bigger or more aggressive...its better to just play it safe and get some good ones.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok… I’d be grateful for final recommendation before I pull the trigger in A arms:

SATV
HCR sportline
ZBros
L and W
American off-road
S3
Highlifter

or someone else????

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
For what it’s worth I have over 1000 miles at Windrock, and TWRA property with stock ball joints in satv forward arms and 35” roxxzillas on a 2020 pro going everywhere somebody on 35s would be. I’ve never had an issue.
I’m also well aware some people can shear them off in the parking lot somehow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts