Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Bump

I have a 2014 XP 1000. Also interested for the sale price, but I don’t see one that’s compatible with my ‘14. Also, the one listed for the XP1000 is only available as a package with clutch kit. I already have a dalton kit.

Is there one available for my model with no clutch kit?

Anyone have any experience wiTh these?

·
5,822 Posts
Bump

I have a 2014 XP 1000. Also interested for the sale price, but I don’t see one that’s compatible with my ‘14. Also, the one listed for the XP1000 is only available as a package with clutch kit. I already have a dalton kit.

Is there one available for my model with no clutch kit?

Anyone have any experience wiTh these?
Hey! They are sold separately. It looks like a combo on the page, but you don't have to buy them together. We add them together because a lot of people want to knock out both at the same time. :smile

·
Registered
451 Posts
Awesome. Order placed. Thanks for the quick response! I never would have even thought to add it to my cart like that, it’s a bit confusing. Maybe add something in the description explaining how to purchase without clutch kit, and also fix it to say 14-17 vs 15-17. Just an idea. Anyway, thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Tuner was received today. Took me all of ten minutes to have it installed :). One question, with the stage one tune do you recommend 91 octane, or should I keep filling up with 87?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im curious as well , any real world reviews on this ?

·
5,822 Posts
Tuner was received today. Took me all of ten minutes to have it installed :). One question, with the stage one tune do you recommend 91 octane, or should I keep filling up with 87?

We recommend 91 for sure. You can run it on 87, but it will probably knock and it'll run like crap. You're not really hurting anything, but you won't like how it runs. The tune changes the spark timing and needs the higher octane gas to make it perform better. It really needs 91 or better to make it perform.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The tuner programmed up easy as pie, I took it for a ride once since.

It definitely feels peppier, and seems to idle much better. Maybe that’s just premium fuel additives cleaning out dirty injectors though.

The best thing about it is the removal of the speed limiter in low-range. I can run up to 35-40ish in low now, keeping her in the power band and fully shifted out while charging up tighter trails. Awesome.

Easily worth the money just for that! Top speed increased a bit, an indicated 85mph on 30” tensors. I’m running the big huge mud busters fender flares, and I think those are like a giant air-brake ?.

Anyway, throttle response is improved, but since I’m non-turbo it’s not like I have a massive noticeable power gain. I still feel like it helped driveability, giving me more foot-control by removing the torque nannies and speed/rev limiters.

I’d buy it again.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Any other real world reviews? Also what's the difference between the stage 1 and 2 other than hp? Why would anybody want a stage 1 if that's the only difference?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Any other real world reviews? Also what's the difference between the stage 1 and 2 other than hp? Why would anybody want a stage 1 if that's the only difference?

Stage 1 is for a stock vehicle. Stage 2 is for a vehicle with upgraded exhaust, etc. I think.

·
Registered
780 Posts

Stage 1 is for a stock vehicle. Stage 2 is for a vehicle with upgraded exhaust, etc. I think.

That's what I figured, however, I did not see anything about that in the stage 2 description on their website...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah maybe I’m wrong. I was working off memory. Their website says all tunes tested on 100% stock machine unless noted. Not sure why there’d be two stages of tune for a stock motor with 93. Maybe stage 1 worked with 91, stage 2 with 93. Doesn’t say clearly on their website.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah maybe I’m wrong. I was working off memory. Their website says all tunes tested on 100% stock machine unless noted. Not sure why there’d be two stages of tune for a stock motor with 93. Maybe stage 1 worked with 91, stage 2 with 93. Doesn’t say clearly on their website.

I'm sure SuperATV will respond and let us know. How are you liking your XP1K tuned?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts