Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these? They are an absolute pain to install. Honestly they don't fit very well. I'm kinda surprised on how far off they are from the frame mounts. Grinding, drilling, sledgehammer is the only way I got mine in. Now I have to pull the lowers back out and adjust the camber.... am I missing something or does someone have a trick to getting these to fit? I'll add pics when I pull them off this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Never had any issue with the install other than needing to adjust them a couple of times. Although I will warn you about the ball joints.... I had both break in half on the trail, they were being sold with cheap ball joints a year ago anyways. I spoke with superatv and they treated it like a common issue they were trying to connect.

I'd like to see these pics

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea mine didn't come with ball joints.... I talked to them about that after I received the a arms and I guess they decided to quit offering them, and never changed their post on the forums. I was planning on using them as spares anyways, but oh well. I probably would of ordered different ones but I thought that was a pretty good deal with ball joints included.

It seems like the 2014's don't fit well according to other post on here. When you put one side of the lower arm in and then try to put the other end in, im left with 1/4 to 1/2 offset on the other frame mount. It's like the a arm itself is too wide.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The uppers went in like factory. The only problem I had was it rubs on the radiator support, but that's probably due to the larger tubing on the super atv a arms.

I will add I put on the super atv poly bushings. They are thicker than factory, but, they shouldnt create enough offset to give me that much of a problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got frustrated and in a hurry and didn't take pics. They were slightly easier (not much) to pull and install the second time. Probably because I knew which hammers and pry bars worked best. I also put new polaris ball joints in and took it for a spin last night. Less than 1/4 mile I had one pop out. Guess I'll have to grind it down as well to get the snap ring to fit right. I have to say I'm not impressed with these. Now I'm going to be paranoid to go over 20mph in case of some sort of failure. I did email them the other day after having issues and he offered to take them back and try to make it right. I'll give them props for that... but at this point I'm ready to ride and hopefully this is the last issue. If this don't work I'll put my factory ones back on and cut my losses.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you did, and i stated that above. I thank you for that. I'm not knocking super atv entirely, I have friends that have ordered stuff and had good luck. I can't say that about these a arms with the problems I've had. Maybe I got a bad set or its one of those rare issues you talk about. I've had 4 different people come over and help that all ride rzr's and are competent when it comes to this stuff. All of us have been scratching our heads. The ball joints don't fit probably because the powder coat/paint seems to have puddled around the hole, so I will wire wheel or grind it off. I'm not throwing in the towel on these, yet. I'm just frustrated to the point of searching on these forums to see if someone else has had the same problems. I have a trip planned to the mountains tomorrow to ride, so hopefully I can get them back together tonight and be done with these issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As stated in Pm's I offered to help and even get those back. We sell 10+ kits a week and rarely see issues like your having. If I can be of any further assistance send me a PM.
That my friend would be a lie. It is way more than rare. I know of several riding partners, including myself, that have had the exact same issue. We not only told Super ATV about the issues but posted reviews which never made it to the website. These are very poor fitting A-Arms and hard to adjust. Instructions, I didn't get any, are vague at best. Brake line fitment is horrible and not detailed properly in the instructions. I had to beat in part of my frame to get the rear lower in. The 2.5"ish spacer for the rear lower (2015 RZR 900 4) is the most useless thing I have ever seen. Why not make the pivot point large? Same issue with the shock mount. Same issue with the front A-Arms and why you sell them for multiple years. If any pivot point location should have had a spacer its this one. Why keep two skews on-hand? The fact that I have to drill the lower holes in $800 dollars worth of A-Arms is ridiculous.

Whoever is looking at stack up tolerance and frame to frame tolerance should be fired. Statistically, you should be able to make a better fitting part.

I spoke to several individuals at Super ATV. Very nice people, but seemed to want to blame everything on Polaris and their issues. Not Super ATV and their lack of research and design capability.

I can buy any other A-Arm out there and the fitment is on point Super ATV. I know this because I have. Companies that are much smaller than you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts