Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you who have had the good fortune of being able to visit Sunflower mine in the Mazatzal Mountains of Arizona, I am sad to announce it is all gone. Wiped clean by the forest service after it was damaged by the recent fire in that area.

They considered it a hazardous waste site due to the cinnabar and mercury in the area.

This piece of Arizona history was brought down by five idiots having a bachelor party and lighting a fire that destroyed this site and 17,000 acres of beautiful Arizona scenery.

Before and after pics

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like they caught the morons that caused the fire they should make them pay for the removal. For being STUPID and distroying history of our great country

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like they caught the morons that caused the fire they should make them pay for the removal. For being STUPID and distroying history of our great country
X2

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
That blows

It was a very cool place...you had to see it, consider the location, and then how they got all that stuff in there so many years ago...those pieces were huge

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bummer. Funny how its the ohv users who supposedly destroy the land but forest service can come in and destroy sites and historic places whenever they see fit.
Sounds like they had no choice in the matter due to safety issues.

Doug
I agree, they probably had no choice. My main gripe is the stupidity of people and how their careless actions can destroy valuable history.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Have a buddy that lives in Crown King. They were ATVing down by Oro Belle and came across a group of young 4 wheelers that were in the process of pulling down wall with their winch. He asked what they thought they were doing. Told him to mind his own business. They were pack'n so they left. Some of the future generation really dont give a shit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts