Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the tires on my 800 next year and am looking for suggestions on what to go to. I currently have 27" tires with a 2" lift kit, stock/OEM shocks.

Here is a pic showing what most of the riding terrain looks like, that we drive on:

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride mostly southern Arizona nd have 27" Terrabites from Rocky Mountain ATV. Had then 3 years now no problems.
Nice looking tread and highly rated, I see - but unfortunately they don't appear to offer them in a 27 for my machine currently.

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,369 Posts
My dad just put 27" Terrabites on his Ranger 1000 and seem to work great but have only put about 5 miles on them.
Why would they not fit you rig?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking tread and highly rated, I see - but unfortunately they don't appear to offer them in a 27 for my machine currently.
Dunno - they don't show that size available to purchase. Only 25" and 26".

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
Dunno - they don't show that size available to purchase. Only 25" and 26".
If you're searching by machine then they aren't factoring your lift into the fitment. If you have 27" tires on now then the tusk should fit also. Most people say they run small. Try just searching by the tire size you want.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're searching by machine then they aren't factoring your lift into the fitment. If you have 27" tires on now then the tusk should fit also. Most people say they run small. Try just searching by the tire size you want.
Thanks, I was. But my son-in-law just corrected me - the tires currently on it are 26 inch. Not sure how my mind got set on 27.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
441 Posts
Thanks, I was. But my son-in-law just corrected me - the tires currently on it are 26 inch. Not sure how my mind got set on 27.
I would almost bet that if you don't rub now that you wouldn't rub with the 27" terrabites either. Im not familiar with the 800 tho, so can't say that for sure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
27" Maxis Coronado's on both my 800's. Trail models w/o lift or spacers but Highlifter springs and the factory wheel offset puts my width at 55 or 56". They would be fine on yours. These tires ride great imo at 10 psi. They were take offs from Generals, 1 set given to me and found another for $300.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
27" Maxis Coronado's on both my 800's. Trail models w/o lift or spacers but Highlifter springs and the factory wheel offset puts my width at 55 or 56". They would be fine on yours. These tires ride great imo at 10 psi. They were take offs from Generals, 1 set given to me and found another for $300.
Just looked them up - looks like a good tire but they're $100 more each, than the others I have looked at. ($130 vs $230 for fronts) For my kind of driving, I can't justify that.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire
Dee Cee maybe you remember my old tire post I was deciding which tires to go with I decided I’m going to stick with mongrels maybe in the spring new tires be my third set, i run 10 psi or 8 psi on the rear tires in the front 6 psi. Rocky terrain similar to the picture you posted. I have 7958 miles. Guys laugh at me but I’m going to run them down to the cords.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
View attachment 682292 View attachment 682293 View attachment 682294 View attachment 682295 Dee Cee maybe you remember my old tire post I was deciding which tires to go with I decided I’m going to stick with mongrels maybe in the spring new tires be my third set, i run 10 psi or 8 psi on the rear tires in the front 6 psi. Rocky terrain similar to the picture you posted. I have 7958 miles. Guys laugh at me but I’m going to run them down to the cords.

I won't laugh - there's nothing wrong with getting your money's worth and then some, but I would be a little uncomfortable riding out in the desert on skins like that...grin....

I do like that aggressive tread and the fact that they are 10-ply.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I won't laugh - there's nothing wrong with getting your money's worth and then some, but I would be a little uncomfortable riding out in the desert on skins like that...grin....

I do like that aggressive tread and the fact that they are 10-ply.
I carry a spare tire but with my luck I’d probably have two flat tires at once. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE, 2015 XP1000. Sold 2013 800s LE, 2015 XP1000
786 Posts
Hard to beat OEM tires on a 800. Light weight. Soft sidewall for better ride. Good traction. Not bigger so does not mess up gear ratios and clutching. Good in varied terrain.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts