Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my front diff fluid and I was wondering how i might know if the front diff is active without the switch turned on. I went with synthetic atf and the diff sounds much better. I just don’t know how to test if it works or if it is active without the switch. Is there an easy way to tell? Is the 2/4 wheel sensor tied to the switch or does it actually show when the diff is working? I don’t feel much difference when i do turn the switch on.

Sorry for the newb question - before anyone says ‘learn how to search’, I have done several but am not finding anything useful. I may just not have the right search words to find my answer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure how this got in the rubber down customs area. I selected xp4 1000 when I wrote the opening message.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I know this is pretty unscientific. But how about having someone stand outside of your RZR and watch when you put it in AWD and stomp on it. If your front spins too, then it's engaging. If not, then you have a problem. I know that might seem like a silly way to do it. But it might help get you an answer to your question until someone with a little more technical expertise than me chimes in.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Not sure how this got in the rubber down customs area. I selected xp4 1000 when I wrote the opening message.

Waynesworld is correct. This simple way is to find a soft loose surface that will allow a lot of tire spin. 1) do a two wheel spin 2) do an AWD spin. Compare, should be significant difference. Your spotter should be able to notice the front wheels spinning in AWD.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Years ago others on the forum told me to put the rear of my old 800 Up on my floor jack then put it in gear. If front is pulling it will ease forward. Try again with the 4x4 switch on. If you use this method make sure you have room in front. No need to stomp on it, just get the clutch to engage. Once the rig senses the rear wheels spinning with no forward progress thefront should kick in and move the RZR.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front diff needs lighter synth atf. I put the 75w90 in the rear diff / trans in the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts