Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am having trouble with the tilt wheel mech on our 2009 RZR LE. It very well could be user error. How do you get the lever to work? Does the ignition need to be turned on?
Brooks

·
Registered
916 Posts
The steering tilt shock is a pain. I have to take the top of mine apart (where the lever is) when it lockes up like that and put some wd-40 on it and move the plunger around with a plyers untill is frees up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just had the same problem with mine tilt wheel. I tried taking it apart and spraying lube on the push pin, but found it was junk. I called my dealer because i was just gonna buy a new one, but was told that the warranty covers that so they fixed it under warranty. I think they said it was a 75 dollar item!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just tried it from a different angle and got it loose. Sprayed wd 40 on it. The shock is still a little tight, but will get at it some more in the AM. Thanks again.
Brooks

·
rzr4mud
55 Posts
Yeah, had trouble with mine too. Took it apart and sprayed with WD-40, as everyone said to but it still didnt work. Even let it soak all day and over night. Finally just pushed the pin all the way in and thought it was over beacause it wouldnt come out. But after tapping around the houseing where the pin is located with a small hammer, it finally came out. I just kept spraying it with WD-40, pushing it in, and then tapping on it to get it out again. It finally started working properly. Keeping it clean and greased now but I'm sure it'll happen again. Least now I'll know how to fix it.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Mine is stuck too. luckily it's stuck where I like it

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Yeah, had trouble with mine too. Took it apart and sprayed with WD-40, as everyone said to but it still didnt work. Even let it soak all day and over night. Finally just pushed the pin all the way in and thought it was over beacause it wouldnt come out. But after tapping around the houseing where the pin is located with a small hammer, it finally came out. I just kept spraying it with WD-40, pushing it in, and then tapping on it to get it out again. It finally started working properly. Keeping it clean and greased now but I'm sure it'll happen again. Least now I'll know how to fix it.
Yep .. Same for me ... knowing how to fix it is good.. at least so far.
Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts