Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
nope, put it back together with stripped nut and cotter pin for ride this weekend, but built even bigger puller for later !!

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,050 Posts
Stripped nut? like the castle nut wouldn't go on from where you damaged the axle snout so you just jammed it on with an impact or something? Not optimal at all, doesn't sound like I'd want to run it with what you have going on...but good luck to ya!

You really need to post some pics up of these pullers your making and what you got going on.... we're all curious

·
Registered
489 Posts
Stripped nut? like the castle nut wouldn't go on from where you damaged the axle snout so you just jammed it on with an impact or something? Not optimal at all, doesn't sound like I'd want to run it with what you have going on...but good luck to ya!

You really need to post some pics up of these pullers your making and what you got going on.... we're all curious
I wouldnt even do that to my derby car! I think I woulda beat the hell out of it and tried to get it off b4 I did that. I geuss he knows it wont come off while riding lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
nope, put it back together with stripped nut and cotter pin for ride this weekend, but built even bigger puller for later !!
Man, I’d give up on the pulling. I think you would do better with a sharp jolt to knock it loose. Mount up a slide hammer with your lug nuts and get angry lol ( can rent at auto parts store) not a rzr, but exactly how you can get your hub off. This method has never failed me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I wouldnt even do that to my derby car! I think I woulda beat the hell out of it and tried to get it off b4 I did that. I geuss he knows it wont come off while riding lol
kinda hoping riding will loosen it, but I know it wont LOL, i'll get back at it after this weekend with super puller and slide hammer then press !! I will win !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
actually squashed the end of axel [ had to grind to get nut on ] and squashed the threaded part to so nut just burned it's way on tearing the threads up on the way, not worried about hub coming off on ride this weekend, kinda hope it does get loose though, does have a cotter pin keeping it on , well sort of ! so anyway when I get hub off I will cut new threads on end of axel for a new slightly smaller nut !!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
They have had bearing journals at work on big rolls not come off with a bearing puller and I have had to cut the bearings off with a torch I'm the welder there so I get the dirty stuff lol. It is crazy how stuck them things get it's possible your bearing came apart and wore its self into everything with you riden it so long not knowing I could b wrong,but let us know!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts