Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear hub I cant get off, I built a super heavy puller and applied lots of heat and beat on it , wont budge, any tricks here ???

·
Registered
764 Posts
What seams to be stuck? It should come off pretty easy with the bolts out. Or are you talking about the wheel bearing in the hub?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
axel nut and washers are off, I have a very stout puller and the wheel hub will not come off the axel spline !!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
What model are you working on? You shouldnt have to take the hub off to grease it unless you are greasing them other than using a greaser for these. If it is the axle that is stuck put the nut back on 1/8 inch out-flush and hit it with hammer or hit end with rubber hammer without the nut. If it's not that than you have to missing something lol it happens to all of us

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
You definitely have to take the hub off to grease the wheel bearings, it's the bearing carrier you don't have to take off.

Can't you tell what it's bound up on? Only things it could seize on would be the axle splines or the inner race of the wheel bearing....if the splines have crossed by some miracle, or it's seized on the bearing...you're going to need to replace something in the system...if it's just seized on the splines, you might wind up ok....but either way, have you tried spraying some penetrating lube into the splines from the front, and then in from the back under the axle cup? What kind of puller did you rig up? Does it move at all? Again..some pictures might be helpful...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ok I was confused than I understand now I had the carrier and hub backwards lol. Yea you do have to take that off to grease them but yea spray some kano in there and keep working at it. Was anybody ever in there b4? They didnt decide to put red thread locker on something did they?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive been spraying knocker loose in there ! I built a really stout puller it pulls the lugs, couple tons of pull, heated the hub to really hot and beat the center bolt on puller and it didn't budge !!! gotta be stuck in bearing !!

·
Super Moderator
7,715 Posts
Might be easier just to toss those and replace.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
7,715 Posts
Also might be a good time to upgrade to new high-clearance trailing arms, hubs, bearing carriers, bearings and axles on that end of the vehicle.

(Trade it in on an XPT?)

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tbucket1
1 - 20 of 33 Posts