Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any of you in AZ that have your RZR street legal:

If you are the kind of rider that rides from your garage and to the dirt or trailers your RZR to your riding spot, there is a legal way to save about a hundred bucks a year on reg fees.

When you go to MVD for your reg (assuming you have an offroad sticker), ask for the affadavit stating you only need your vehicle street legal in order to get to the dirt.

You are essentially signing your life away and if you use your RZR as an around town cruiser, it won't work. But, once again, if you use your street legal status JUST to get to the dirt or connect trails, this is legal and it works, saving you about $100 annually. Mine went from about $125 per year to I think about $15 a year (plus the $25 offroad decal).

·
Registered
919 Posts
Its called reduced VLT see Reg below.............

* Option 1: If you operate primarily off-highway, then your vehicle is eligible for a reduced Vehicle License Tax (VLT) of $3.00 and waiver of the registration fee. The following requirements must be satisfied:
o You must obtain and be issued an OHV Decal. (Ask for the Decal first at MVD) Then an OHV owner may request a free motor vehicle registration when paying for the OHV Decal.
o The vehicle must be designed by the manufacturer primarily for travel over unimproved terrain and have an unladen weight of 1,800 pounds or less.
o You must affirm that your vehicle is equipped for highway use and will be primarily used off-highway.
o Registered vehicles must comply with mandatory insurance requirements.
o Vehicle emission testing requirements may apply.

All info is here

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohvFAQ.shtml

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Be It!!!

If the nice MVD lady didn't tell me about it when I went to re-register, I may have never known about it!

My street legal KTM also was reduced greatly.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wish Nevada would let us register our RZR's. It would be nice to be able to ride on streets after becoming street legal. We tried to get it on here but was turned down. The group that put it together had it figured that the DMV would get 22 million the first year. When the state is broke seems that would help. But no they would not do it.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Good to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts