Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Street legal indiana

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  CrazyElecE 
#1 ·
Hi all I just received my new rzr 4xp turbo. I've been trying to find some information on if it's possible to make it street legal in Indiana. I know certain counties allow operation on county roads with the DNR sticker, but would like to ride in town on occasion.

It used to be windshield and wiper, turn signals, brake lights, head lights, dot tires, and a horn were the only thing required. I haven't been able to find any recent information though so I'm wondering if indiana quit allowing them to be made street legal? Thanks in advanced for any info!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yes if you register your SxS with that state you can use them for on road use county roads. It is a county by county basis however, which includes the required "additions" to your sxs. Such as horn, wipers, turn signals and such. I am having trouble finding the information I had when I first bought mine but it even broke it down to no more than 200 feet on a highway shoulder if you are going from 1 county road to another and so on. Basic rule is, county roads only and if you have to travel the highway, there has to be enough room on the shoulder for you to not be posing a danger to you or the other vehicles passing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.