Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breakdowns, mishaps, wrecks, etc.. it happens and whether you were with someone or not, what happened? And what did you have to do to get your RZR back on the trail or back to camp?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well...
When I first bought my new rzr I was with a few friends who have atv's. We were haveing a few social drinks along the way and we soon found a nice gravel pit to play around in. Well with a couple drinks in me my fear left along with my common sense.
I started doing donuts on the loose gravel and man was she doing good... I then snaped it into AWD to climb a hill but once I came back down to do more donuts I forgot to take it out of AWD and went right into a donut... Well the front tire grabed as soon as the back ones started to spin out and she tossed herself onto her side. It seemed in slow motion while looking at my passenger and saying "Hang on". My passenger was a friend of mine and he weighs about 220 and stands about 6'2". The door net saved his arm from getting broke and the stock seatbelts held us in place just fine.

Once we got pushed back over by one even larger friend than the last while we were still straped in we assessed the damages. Side was scraped up a bit and the front right tire was blown off the rim. It didn't look good.

I drove it slowly over to a dirt mound so that the blown tire hung in mid air to be worked on. Then we took some oil from one of the atv's fill up nozel and rubed it around the rim's edge. Then we took a ratchet strap and wraped it around the tire. Once the ratchet was cranked in the tire had even pressure all around to be seated back onto the rim. Well now we had an electric air pump to try and seat the wheel. Turned out the air pump had a bad wire and was really pissing us off. We then swaped it out for another half broken air pump that did nothing but piss us off. So we took both pumps and with a little work we made one half good one out of two. Finally the tire seated and was pumped up to pressure. We were back in buisness. I took it easy the rest of the way home since I also fractured an a-arm in 3 places that later broke all to $hit at my cottage later in the summer. LOL.

Don't Drink and drive your rzr. It's expensive!!!

I switched to:bandit:and driving. It slowes you down and your rzr will last longer. LOL.:rofl3:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Call Johnny @ UVT INC..... I hear a story about Johnny getting a call from a memeber and jump in his jeep for the rescue...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts