Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was our first trip to Stony Lonesome and definitely not our last. It was just me, Jeremy and Brian this trip for day 1. We really had no clue what to expect but after this trip I can't wait to go back. It had some of the most extreme climbs and rock sections of any place we had ever been. As you will see in this video, things got off to a slow start. They for sure picked up throughout the day though! Stay tuned for that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got back on the trail and started exploring the place. It was our first trip so we were just getting the lay of the land. I had seen plenty of video of Screwdriver and Who's Your Daddy but seeing it in person was completely different. We have been to a lot of parks and seen a lot of crazy hills but they were in another league. Spoiler alert: We did not try it. lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were still in the "exploring" stages and checking the place out. We were really surprised how many hills and technical sections we kept seeing there. We finally decided to give one of the hills called Bill's Hill a try. It was a pretty good hill. The ledges do not really show up in the video that well. It is probably the closest I had ever come to totalling out my RZR.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rock Creek was a pretty fun trail. We were starting to feel our way around the place and really liked what we saw. Stony was a pleasant surprise. As you will see in the video, we had another trailside issue. But nothing a pair of vice grips wouldn't fix!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next up is a trail called Yeti Bottoms. It was one of the recommended trails from the nice folks in the office. It was a great trail through the woods. It was in the 90's so it was a nice break from the heat.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We finished out the day at a little playground area we named "Moab". It was several neat rock banks that we played on for a while. I got to test my cage out on one of the walls. I am glad to say it held up well. It was a great day of riding. I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really awesome video's ! Especially that last one. If there's a will there's a way. Really cool.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks man. Appreciate you watching! Glad you enjoy the videos.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 2 wasn't as crazy as day 1 but we still had a blast. Ricky, Bobby and Jessica all came up and joined for day 2. My camera froze as soon as we started so Jeremy was the only one recording. Stony was a lot of fun. It exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to another trip back.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Stoney is a big legit park, plenty of variety. About an hr from us. And like a lot of places, some rain or a lot of rain can make it really different. Last time I got buried we had about 2"of ice on the wooded trail mud holes. It proved intersting haha

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for letting me tag along buddy,it was a blast!! I need to see what kind of footage I got.
Glad you made it man! I wasn't expecting a whole lot with the park and was really surprised how much fun we had. Hope we can do it again sometime.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stoney is a big legit park, plenty of variety. About an hr from us. And like a lot of places, some rain or a lot of rain can make it really different. Last time I got buried we had about 2"of ice on the wooded trail mud holes. It proved intersting haha
Yeah I can see how some of those hills would be real difficult if it is wet. Some of them gave us all we wanted bone dry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Better, about the same or worse than top trails riding? Never been but always heard it is terribly dusty. FYI, i only ride the upper half of too trails, avoid the mud if at all possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts