Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the last trip of 2019. Most of us left on Christmas day. It was a 4 day trip with the first day and a half of just hanging out and and no riding due to Stony being closed. It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to share it with everyone. I had hoped to get this series published a lot sooner but better late than never, right? I hope everyone enjoys the series as much as we did making it. As always, thanks for watching!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We had most of the crew there for this trip and after a day and a half of just hanging out at the campground (it was closed for Christmas) we finally hit the trails. We headed to Bootlegger Creek trail to start things off.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After checking out a couple of trails we went over to look at the crazy hills (Who's Your Daddy, Screwdriver, Donkey Punch, ect) that none of us attempted. We got some good group pictures sitting on the hills though! Jessica got a couple of especially good ones.

·
Can't 'Member.
795 Posts
Looks like fun. So different from where we ride..high desert, dunes, high country mountain lakes etc. I have been off-roading for the better part of 45 years, 4x4 trucks, buggies, sand rails, quads, now the SXS. I have never been to a private property OHV park. The creek trails look like fun. You guys have a nice group. The group camps and everyone eating together looks very familiar, so do the rigs and giant piles of firewood. I have never seen the 5 gallon bucket lights before, those are neat.

Reactions: auburnu008

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like fun. So different from where we ride..high desert, dunes, high country mountain lakes etc. I have been off-roading for the better part of 45 years, 4x4 trucks, buggies, sand rails, quads, now the SXS. I have never been to a private property OHV park. The creek trails look like fun. You guys have a nice group. The group camps and everyone eating together looks very familiar, so do the rigs and giant piles of firewood. I have never seen the 5 gallon bucket lights before, those are neat.
I look forward to these trips so much. We are lucky to live close to a bunch of good parks like Stony Lonesome, Windrock, Tackett Creek, etc. We are heading out to Moab in April so looking forward to checking out some different terrain.

·
Can't 'Member.
795 Posts
I have not been to Moab, it is on the list. Long long haul for you folks. Spend enough time to make it worth the drive! Been to most of the dunes in the western US, and we ride in northern Nevada primarily. I love the wide open feeling of the high deserts and the mountain ranges across the state hold some incredibly beautiful places. I love the history of the west, and spend a lot of time hunting down places in Nevada of historical interest.
I think we all look forward to the trips. I remember when our sons were young they couldn't sleep the night before we would leave. About drove me nuts. Then, once we hit the road they would last about an hour and then sound asleep for hours.
Good memories.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went back to the cabin for lunch and then headed to a fun hillclimb trail, played on the track for a bit and hit Yeti Bottoms. It was shaping up to be a great day of riding.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeti Bottoms is a good trail. It drops into a valley and then up a hill to get out. We had done it before and it seemed worse at the top this time around.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We ended a great day of riding by playing on some of the hills on the eastern side of the park. We did not see these on our first trip and had a good time checking them out. X-Wife was a lot worse than it looked in the video. It was a good end to a great day of riding.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joey lead most of day 2 and it is always a good time when Joey leads. He always seems to find the good mud holes and ain't scared to send it on any hill climbs. This video is a great example of both.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i enjoy watching your rides, you have a good group of fellow riders for sure.i find it hard to get my friends that ride to commit when ever i plan a trip,usually ride alone due to this .keep posting up the fun!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i enjoy watching your rides, you have a good group of fellow riders for sure.i find it hard to get my friends that ride to commit when ever i plan a trip,usually ride alone due to this .keep posting up the fun!
Man man. We have a blast out there. We are lucky to have such a great group to ride with. It is a lot of planning and getting off work is hard but it is definitely worth it!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was the rest of the crew's turn to hit old Joey's hill. It was probably the most memorable part of the day for everyone. To quite Jeremy, "Nobody remembers the G roads leading up to the hills, they remember these kind of climbs".

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We decide to go check out the place we call little Moab. I rolled over last trip at that spot and decided to try it again. To end the day we found a great mud trail (Jeremy's idea). If you watch our videos you know we just LOVE the mud. lol. It was a great day of riding and a great trip. We got to spend a lot more down time outside the RZR's this trip and I really enjoyed that part just as much as the riding. Stay tuned for the next trip. It's gonna be a goooooood one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts