Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Have RZR...will travel
15 XP 1K HighLifter,32" tires,15" beadlocks,4-2.5" tuned shocks,+1.75"A arms,hard axles,S&B,WE links
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellow OHV enthusiasts I am writing to ask your help in locating my ATV as described below. While in Tucson on September 19th it my 2006 Chevy truck with the ATV in the bed was stolen from the parking lot of Pastiche at 3025 N. Campbell. The truck has been located in Mexico but the ATV remains missing. The ATV is a limited edition and there are not very many of them around, especially if it still has any of the distinctive items on it.

There is a reward of $100 for information leading to its recovery. A stolen vehicle report #1209200017 is on file with the Tucson police 520-791-4444. Pease report any information to your local law enforcement and/or the Tucson Police.

Attached is a full description and picture of my ride. Please help me by passing this description on to as many clubs and people as you can especially in the Tucson and southern AZ region, to be on the lookout and help me recover my ride.

I thank you for your assistance in this matter!! Just possibly, together we can locate my ATV and bring to justice the perpetrator(s) of this crime!

Peace..............later...............bob

2009 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP LE Nuclear Sunset
The color is actually metal flake orange
Wyoming license plate 2 MPV 50
VIN 4XAZX8XA69A559261
EFI, EPS, EBS, EDC
ITP SS212 Black cast Aluminum 14” wheels with Baja Cross tires
Extreme front and rear bumpers with rack extenders front and rear
PIAA front lights, work lights in rear (in tail light lens)
Front storage box
Warn 2500# XT winch with synthetic rope, handlebar control, wireless remote control
Hand and thumb warmers, street legal with horn and mirror
4000+ miles on odometer when stolen
Polaris rear storage lock n ride box with 2 pocket bags attached and elastic net over top
Roto-Pax 2 gal red fuel container and 2 gal white water container on front rack
Stickers: 2010 Wyoming permit #00020, black on front left fender, Wyoming State Parks stickers on rear side of both front fenders, flaming eagle stickers on each side cover, 2012 Utah permit #01857, red on left rear fender, Paiute Trail sticker on rear side of left front fender, Fishers Mud Club front center
There was a GPS holder on the right side handlebar
There is a long black scratch on the front of the right rear fender.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
So did you recover the truck? the atv will likely be parted out. My 2005 BF 750 was stolen in 2007, God help them if I ever find who took it.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
damn, my aunt and uncles red 2009 chevy pickup with topper was also just stolen last weekend in tucson.hope the best for ya, im sure there truck is in mexico by now

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Certainly hope you find it and they find the low life's .seems to happen a lot along the border. Couple years ago we were in south Texas same thing they should hang them from a tree and let the buzzards have em . (You want to know how I really feel?)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm guessing its not insured then?
Sorry for your loss. I graduated from UofA in Tucson and my Dad lives out there now. This unfortunately happens often. My guess is and from experience is that your quad was the target and its being used by a Mexican citizen. I have heard of many instances of Mexican officials actually being in possession of stolen property when the rare instances of the property being found or located. Thats right the freakin Policia... Seeing the type of ATV it is I'm sure it's a very desirable model for what they need and desire farm work fun etc. Unfortunately the police in Mexico will be of no help. If your die hard to locate it go to the town/city they found your truck in and keep an eye out. I dont really recommend this, its not like the police will give a ****** much help.... Unless you paid them a few bucks to do so...
Unfortunate lesson but everyone really needs to insure their stuff for reasons like this.
You could try to push the issue with the property owner of the lot it was stolen from but I'm sure they will try to claim no responsibility since they don't want their premiums to go up.
Try your insurance company since it was actually in the truck bed... Or even your homeowners insurance. Doubt it will work but worth looking into.
4x4's and ATV's are big time targets in border towns. They really like vehicles that are not the newest models ( difficult to work on and parts are too expensive) they may have left your truck to " cool" off but knew you would not have any tracking capabilities on the ATV... IMO. So it's likely in that area the truck was found.
What condition was the truck in? Do you have to take it back ? Or does your insurance allow you to take a cash settlement under the premise that it could have been used for other criminal activity or high potential for abuse? Not sure if the later is a viable claim but have heard of the " claus" on the criminal activity part.
Good luck hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know its irrelivant now, you either had it or didn't, but to everyone else these toys are expencive and very easy to rip off and resell. I am supprised it doesn't happen a lot more than it does. Get insurance.

·
Have RZR...will travel
15 XP 1K HighLifter,32" tires,15" beadlocks,4-2.5" tuned shocks,+1.75"A arms,hard axles,S&B,WE links
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Certainly hope you find it and they find the low life's .seems to happen a lot along the border. Couple years ago we were in south Texas same thing they should hang them from a tree and let the buzzards have em . (You want to know how I really feel?)
damn, my aunt and uncles red 2009 chevy pickup with topper was also just stolen last weekend in tucson.hope the best for ya, im sure there truck is in mexico by now
So did you recover the truck? the atv will likely be parted out. My 2005 BF 750 was stolen in 2007, God help them if I ever find who took it
Hope you find it...
To all of you who have commeted, Thanks for your support and insight.

I know its irrelivant now, you either had it or didn't, but to everyone else these toys are expencive and very easy to rip off and resell. I am supprised it doesn't happen a lot more than it does
I have already updated my insurance for my new RZR 570 Trail LE

I'm guessing its not insured then?
Sorry for your loss. I graduated from UofA in Tucson and my Dad lives out there now. This unfortunately happens often. My guess is and from experience is that your quad was the target and its being used by a Mexican citizen. I have heard of many instances of Mexican officials actually being in possession of stolen property when the rare instances of the property being found or located. Thats right the freakin Policia... Seeing the type of ATV it is I'm sure it's a very desirable model for what they need and desire farm work fun etc. Unfortunately the police in Mexico will be of no help. If your die hard to locate it go to the town/city they found your truck in and keep an eye out. I dont really recommend this, its not like the police will give a ****** much help.... Unless you paid them a few bucks to do so...
Unfortunate lesson but everyone really needs to insure their stuff for reasons like this.
You could try to push the issue with the property owner of the lot it was stolen from but I'm sure they will try to claim no responsibility since they don't want their premiums to go up.
Try your insurance company since it was actually in the truck bed... Or even your homeowners insurance. Doubt it will work but worth looking into.
4x4's and ATV's are big time targets in border towns. They really like vehicles that are not the newest models ( difficult to work on and parts are too expensive) they may have left your truck to " cool" off but knew you would not have any tracking capabilities on the ATV... IMO. So it's likely in that area the truck was found.
What condition was the truck in? Do you have to take it back ? Or does your insurance allow you to take a cash settlement under the premise that it could have been used for other criminal activity or high potential for abuse? Not sure if the later is a viable claim but have heard of the " claus" on the criminal activity part.
Good luck hope I'm wrong.
No word on my truck other than it is in Mexico, confiscated with 4 other vehicles by the Mexican authorities. The insurance company, GEICO, has not indicated if they will get the truck back or pay me for it. So my saga continues.........:sad:

G

·
ATVs make nice efficient low profile transportation for drug mules..They aren't being stolen for recreation. Stolen machines are not traceable to those using them to move drugs into the US and it beats the hell out of walking. If you line in a Southern border town..better nail your ATVs down.

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Flipping Pisses me off!!! The border war is still a problem even after sb1070. Lets all take a moment and give thanks to the officer that lost his life last night and left his wife and children behind due to some scum bag drug runners. Thank you sir for protecting our border. You paid the ultimate price for my protection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Fellow OHV enthusiasts I am writing to ask your help in locating my ATV
Good luck with the search.. I feel too that its probably in Mexico :rollfinger:

Flipping Pisses me off!!! The border war is still a problem even after sb1070. Lets all take a moment and give thanks to the officer that lost his life last night and left his wife and children behind due to some scum bag drug runners. Thank you sir for protecting our border. You paid the ultimate price for my protection.
My prayers go out to the family of the fallen officer..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts