Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have seen a couple out there. Fun race and you can run hard ,but don't expect to win. They take that shiiit serious. We ran with a stock 800s and came in third. Had a great time. Come on out and race.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Make sure and check the rules there some minimum mods reqd:
Doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher.

And not reqd but you definitely want some auxiliary lighting. Stock headlights don't do much for night racing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a PA seat and 5 point harness combo (driver's side only), and a 30" single row 10W Torton due in tomorrow. Mine is stock right now other than that... Hopefully this won't turn into a massive money pit (yeah right)! But I am planning to build some doors and a DOM cage after the holidays.

I use to love night racing go karts and all night drift events; that has definitely carried over to my new RZR riding addiction! To me, it doesn't get much better than fast trails at night! Hopefully, the new lightbar will stop me from out running my lights.

I appreciate the tips and information!:pint:

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can use an air horn can if you don't get one installed in time.
The night racing is definitely a blast.

If you make it to the December race in Windrock stop in and say hello. There's a group of us that race together. Look for the white Freightliner and gooseneck. We'll be in a cabin all weekend

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can use an air horn can if you don't get one installed in time.
The night racing is definitely a blast.

If you make it to the December race in Windrock stop in and say hello. There's a group of us that race together. Look for the white Freightliner and gooseneck. We'll be in a cabin all weekend
Will do, thanks for the invite! I don't believe I'll be race ready, but it sounds like a great excuse for a road trip to check things out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I believe the stock xp4's run in the same classes as the 2 seater 800's right?
Nope XP4's run in QR1 class, but no worries the XP4's hold their own. The stock ones finished 4th and 5th last race, and there were 3 xp1k's and 4 or 5 Mav's on top of the 15 or so XP900 2 seaters.

This race is about endurance not the fastest lap.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's not bad at all... After riding locally with a xp1k, I have a lot of faith in the family hauler! Lol, I may not be a front runner, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.
:ride:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I think I already know the answer but I gotta ask. Is there a class for turbo cars? Are they allowed at all?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes they are allowed in QR1. There are a number of turboed XP900's that have run this year and not once set fast lap or finished first. Not downplaying a turbo but this is not a street course. It is 95% driver on the Windrock course. There is a stock 570 that runs laps only a fraction off the top guys in QR1.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I see, forced induction or internal engine mods will land you in the world of the unlimited class. I'm not sure if the polaris H.O. kit will do that. I need to check on that one...

I believe with stock sized tires, a good clutch, and just a few more ponies, the xp4 would run toe2toe with the xp1k. From what I've seen at least.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I see, forced induction or internal engine mods will land you in the world of the unlimited class. I'm not sure if the polaris H.O. kit will do that. I need to check on that one...

I believe with stock sized tires, a good clutch, and just a few more ponies, the xp4 would run toe2toe with the xp1k. From what I've seen at least.
I stand corrected by a guy that actually knows what he's talking about! =)
Thanks for clearing that up for us. :pint:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts