Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock tire...ancla 25*8*12 and 25*10*12. 1200km...the front tire is like new but the rear is used at maybe 30%...i'm looking for big horn 2 26'' but here in canada it's like 850$ for the set...so before the winter come, I wanna know if some of you have already tested the stock tire in snow? in mud there seem pretty good for me..in fact the are 2 negative point to me, 1- 3 puncture on 1000km 2- they used very fast on hard surface like I always do...so maybe in snow it's good tire? what do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I found the stock tires OK as long as you are going forward. They lack bite on any kind of side hill and let the rear end slide out it snow and mud.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got big horn 2.0 last winter...my friend with a 570 kept his original ancla...is with night and day in the snow..If you reading this post and want to go in snow, go buy a better set of tire or prepare to use your winch;)

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-T989D avec Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a great update...and i mesured the 26" big horn and it's in fact 27"...so it had a 1,5" ground clearance make a big difference

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
what you will find is that in snow the Bighorns DIG! now if you are just going in a little bit of snow that's not a big deal, but if it gets deep they will bury themselves. They are without a doubt the best all around general purpose tire out there, but if you going into the deep stuff I would find a tire that floats not digs...

I have heard guys rave over the ITP Holeshot ATR. They said it goes like crazy in the snow. I haven't seen it personally so its only hearsay at this point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran over 2 feet of snow last winter wih the bh. 700miles and so happy wih it...if itp is better , it should be incredible

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I ran in snow that deep as well. There were spots I couldn't go. Especially uphill. There were times I just had to say forget it. Overall though I wouldn't change tires from the BH. The ITP does float above the snow compared to BH. Again this is coming from guys who run BHs, so I have a tendency to believe them. If we have a really heavy duty winter I plan on buying a set sometime and try them out...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bighorns did nothing for me in snow that I would want to brag about. Al is right about the digging. They dig and you wind up sitting on your skid plates. Our snow here in OR is pretty wet, so maybe that makes a difference. Ride safe,

Roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts