Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if the OEM wheels off of an "S" would any good to put a set of paddles on? I am unsure of how much they weigh, so they could be too heavy for all I know.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing.. I sold mine for cheap and now I wish I hadn't since they had the wider rear rims.. I think I saw a members ride with some flat black OEM S wheels somewhere on here rockin paddles.. BUMP!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Best I can tell stock front rims are 6" wide 10 lbs, rears 8" wide, 11 lbs. Haven't seen weights just yet for other wheels but been looking at this closely myself. You'll see a lot more weight reduction from the tires than the wheels. Problem with stockers is the offset and width. Depending on the size tire 8" wide in the front and 10" wide in the rear wheels have been recommended to me for better flotation. And aftermarket offers better, wider offsets for more stability. 8" total wider for example with 4 4 offset front, 4 6 offset rear. Stockers will work but not optimally. I've considered spacers with stock wheels but then you approach the cost of the aftermarkets, you have an extra item to deal with transitioning from the trail, and you don't get the extra flotation so I will probably pony up for new rims.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Best I can tell stock front rims are 6" wide 10 lbs, rears 8" wide, 11 lbs. Haven't seen weights just yet for other wheels but been looking at this closely myself. You'll see a lot more weight reduction from the tires than the wheels. Problem with stockers is the offset and width. Depending on the size tire 8" wide in the front and 10" wide in the rear wheels have been recommended to me for better flotation. And aftermarket offers better, wider offsets for more stability. 8" total wider for example with 4 4 offset front, 4 6 offset rear. Stockers will work but not optimally. I've considered spacers with stock wheels but then you approach the cost of the aftermarkets, you have an extra item to deal with transitioning from the trail, and you don't get the extra flotation so I will probably pony up for new rims.
Well said vidwiz, you hit the nail on the head with your advice. I've weighed the factory 8 spoke 12" wheels and they weigh in at about 8 lbs per front, and 9.6 lbs per rear, not bad for a cast wheel.

Going to the 12x10 rear and 12x8 front for a dune setup is definitely a great choice, assuming you get a tire designed for such a wide rim. The DWT Doonz is a great choice, as is the Skat Trak and STU options.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here are some pictures of my stock S wheels powder coated black. I think stock offset's steer better. Also easier on the spindles and hubs. At least I learned that on quads.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Stock offset works well for the front, wider offset on the rear will give your RZR more stability. You can run 25/10x12 Skats and Smoothies on your stock wheels and they will work well for you.

We have a full inventory of Skat Traks in stock.

Dave - Fullerton Sand Sports

1 - 6 of 6 Posts