Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got a stock RZR and I just put a set of SS312's (14x6, 14x8) with 27" Mud Lites on. I don't feel rubbing as it sits right now though I was really worries about the right rear rubbing because it's pretty close to the mount but right now it doesn't. Anyway, I have a 2" Racertech lift on the way and I hear that once that is put on it will probably rub.

I was wondering, does anyone else have experience with this? Once I put the lift on will I have rubbing? If so, would spacers do the trick to fix that and if that's the case, what size do you guys recommend? Also, if using spacers, should I use them on the front as well or just the back? I was thinking 1.5" but I'm not sure so I figured I would ask all the experts!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If its damn close right now it probably will rub when you put the lift on. The lift kit actually brings the tires in. 1.5" would probably be good. I would say just go with the 2's. Also, I would run the same spacing on front and rear. If you do put spacers on the front you may rub on the floorboards in which case you could melt them and push them in. If you want to go for a little cleaner look check out the fender clearance kit at highlifter.com
They have a few different options...
I have a 08' rzr I run a 3" roktek lift with 2" spacers. I have 27" swamplites on it. I have yet to take the spacers off to see if it doesn't rub but with them on it does rub on the floorboards and I did melt them down.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you notice any sort of performance issue with the increased space?
Performance issue? No....and I haven't broke any cv's or anything yet. Just a rear drive axle but I think that was my own fault. (trying to climb up a tree)
With 27" tires though your top speed will drop down to 40ish, 45 on the road.....
With the type of riding I do I could care less if it dropped to 30.....bigger tires are the best. Clearance, handling, everything about em.

·
Registered
633 Posts
As per the topic of tire size and speed... I have 27" bighorns with no lift & no spacers and I still get up to 55 mph on the pavement. If I'm going down grade a little I will go over 60 mph.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My top speed with these 27" on is about 45-50 on pavement now. So I definitely notice a big drop in overall speed but at slow speeds and through mud/muck/water there's no doubt which way is better... bigger of course!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have 27" swamp lites (true 27"tall) on SS212 rims and with 2 people (~340lb combined) as per GPS, I hit 102 km/h (63.3 mph) on pavement. Thats on a reg RZR with clutch spacer removed and no other performance mods.
I'm not sure why people are reducing their top speed with taller tires unless they are really heavy.

Vince

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hey MH, I have 27's on ss212 with the racertech 2". I did get a little rub ( very little ) on the motor mount. I took a grinder and rounded the base a little and it did the trick.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have 27" mud lite xtr and I still get 58 mph with 2 people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts