Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 RZR LE. I want to upgrade the tires on the stock rims. I plan on riding in the mud and muskeg. I don’t want to do a lift kit right now. Any feedback on a good choose of tire size and type I should look at?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
T-Man, it would help is you described the wheels that you have. There are different stock wheels that polaris markets.
As you can read on this form, I'm partial to the Pittbull Rockers and would work well for your type of riding conditions but to tell you the truth I'm not sure what "muskeg" is,
John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. They are aluminum rims. But I just picked some up. I got some MUD Light XTR’s. I went with 26x9x12front and 26x11x12 rear. I figured 1” taller and 1” wider would be safe. And here is a pic of a muskeg. I AM CANADIAN and we have muskeg in the summer and snow in the winter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for the reply. They are aluminum rims. But I just picked some up. I got some MUD Light XTR’s. I went with 26x9x12front and 26x12x12 rear. I figured 1” taller and 1” wider would be safe. And here is a pic of a muskeg. I AM CANADIAN and we have muskeg in the summer and snow in the winter.
Which part of Canada's vast North are you in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. They are aluminum rims. But I just picked some up. I got some MUD Light XTR’s. I went with 26x9x12front and 26x12x12 rear. I figured 1” taller and 1” wider would be safe. And here is a pic of a muskeg. I AM CANADIAN and we have muskeg in the summer and snow in the winter.
Which part of Canada's vast North are you in?
Not as far north as you. Im in Edmonton Alberta.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. They are aluminum rims. But I just picked some up. I got some MUD Light XTR’s. I went with 26x9x12front and 26x11x12 rear. I figured 1” taller and 1” wider would be safe. And here is a pic of a muskeg. I AM CANADIAN and we have muskeg in the summer and snow in the winter.
FUKC....... they hit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m bran new to the RZR family and this forum. I join forums because it is usually filled with very helpful people that know a shit load. So thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
T-man, welcome to the best form for the RZR, you will receive all the info you need on the amazing machine. Just realize that some of us have a bit of dry wit and not to take some of the replys too seriously.
I'm the one that asked you about the "muskeg", are their trails on this surface or do you just take-off over it?
John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T-man, welcome to the best form for the RZR, you will receive all the info you need on the amazing machine. Just realize that some of us have a bit of dry wit and not to take some of the replys too seriously.
I'm the one that asked you about the "muskeg", are their trails on this surface or do you just take-off over it?
John
You rip right threw it. Or at least try. It’s not just the water that you have to worry about. The ground around it is like a sponge. When you break through the sponge you sink. He who has the best machine makes it threw and pulls the others out. I will find out this weekend if that’s me or not. I had to put on 1” spacers to get the tires to work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You won't regret the spacers unless you need to be @ 50",
John
Well the 50” did appeal to me. That’s why I didn’t go with the “S”. Ah whatever. I will drive my two machines on sideways. I really wanted them side by side though. I hope I don’t regret not getting the “S”.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m happy now. I got 2= RZR’s loaded up on my trailer (sideways). It fits and ready for the morning.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
I’m happy now. I got 2= RZR’s loaded up on my trailer (sideways). It fits and ready for the morning.
The last picture was great and I'm interested in your riding even if ignorant. More pictures and how does your rig work. I'm ignorant but wonder how 2" spacers and an inch wider would work, and you must be down low on pressure?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts