Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if this is a silly question but what is the stock offset on the Pro XP wheel? I searched and saw a lot of people wanting to upgrade to a 4/3 or 5/2 but I just want to buy a cheap spare wheel to mount a tire to. Thanks.

Edit: Also does it matter whether I get a 14x6 or 14x7 wheel for a spare? Stock front is 14x6 and stock rear is 14x7.

· Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP4
709 Posts
Yes this is an old thread, but I actually found it through Google so others could too, and it wouldn't hurt to have the correct information...

When I bought my 2021 Ultimate I also ordered a spare. The sales guy said I needed to get the 6” wide to avoid an interference issue, at least that was my understanding.
This is right and wrong. The width of the wheel isn't important to avoid interference, the offset is. As far as interference with suspension/steering goes, there is no difference between a 6" wide 5+1 and a 7" wide 5+2. Both wheels have 5" inside the hub surface, the extra inch on the 7" wide wheel goes on the outside so won't interfere with anything.
The problem would come if you tried to put a 7" wide 6+1 wheel on the front, because then the extra width is in the inside.

Basically, if ordering a stock wheel, you would want to go with the 6" wide front because the 7" wide rear has the wrong offset so won't work on the front, but if ordering aftermarket, you can just go 7" wide 5+2 all around and nothing will interfere.

· Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP4
709 Posts
What offset gets you the most width
Assuming you're talking about overall vehicle width, when looking at offsets like 5+2 and 4+3, The one with the higher second number will give you the most width because that's the number of inches from the hub to the outside of the wheel. The first number doesn't affect vehicle width.
Stock wheels have a 5+1 or 6+1 offset, So the 5+2 would make the vehicle 2 in wider overall than stock and 4+3 would make it 4 in wider overall than stock.

· Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Yes this is an old thread, but I actually found it through Google so others could too, and it wouldn't hurt to have the correct information...

This is right and wrong. The width of the wheel isn't important to avoid interference, the offset is. As far as interference with suspension/steering goes, there is no difference between a 6" wide 5+1 and a 7" wide 5+2. Both wheels have 5" inside the hub surface, the extra inch on the 7" wide wheel goes on the outside so won't interfere with anything.
The problem would come if you tried to put a 7" wide 6+1 wheel on the front, because then the extra width is in the inside.

Basically, if ordering a stock wheel, you would want to go with the 6" wide front because the 7" wide rear has the wrong offset so won't work on the front, but if ordering aftermarket, you can just go 7" wide 5+2 all around and nothing will interfere.
I run a set of 6+1 wheels on my pro xp. There is no clearance problem.

· Registered
5 Posts
I went with System 3 SB-4, 15X7, 6+1, listed as +45 mm, with Tensor 30” Regulator DOT tires. Zero rubbing or clearance issues. At 14 1/2” ride height, it measures 66 1/2” in front. (Stock with Carnivores it was 66”)
I can now rotate tires. My stock Carnivores wore twice as fast in the rear. With the DOT Regulator’s it is much quieter on the street and wear has been drastically reduced. This combo is working well for me on trails/street here in Tn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts