Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen a few pictures on here and read that a few people have chopped and or added bracing in their stock cage. i was just wanting to see some pictures and or wanting to know what you have done to your stock cage?? also how much did you chop and how tall are you? im thinking about doing something to mine till i can afford one, wich will most likely be a while haha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cut 4.5" in the back and added a few braces. I'm 5'11" and have a roof that drops below the bars and there is still plenty of clearance. On the front, just did the typical layout and added a bung to mount my mirror instead of using a strap.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cut 4.5" in the back and added a few braces. I'm 5'11" and have a roof that drops below the bars and there is still plenty of clearance. On the front, just did the typical layout and added a bung to mount my mirror instead of using a strap.
Do you have any other pics from the side and or rear?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the way that turned out man. You said your 5'11" how much head room do you still have?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. Yep...I always wear a helmet and even with the roof an inch or so below the bars, there is more than enough room. I'll try to get a picture with the roof on showing how much room there is with someone in the seat so you an idea of how much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally, I like the flatter look of TeamND's cage. If I was using a flat style roof, I would have taken another 1-1.5" out. I could have still taken that much and been okay, but the roof would have started to get a little close. I started off with taking 3.5" and tacking it up, but would up taking another inch.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just took 5" out of mine. I am 5'7" and still have plenty of room even with a helmet on. I used a pipe cutter to make the cuts and then sleeved the pipes internally and also rosebud welded the sleeves for strength. I ground down the welds on the tubes and brackets on the windshield and rotated the top down to get everything to line up with the angles in the rear part of the cage.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I still have a few more bars to add but you get the idea. This isn't a good shot to show the roof line. I should finish it up this weekend. I chopped it 5 1/2" in the rear.

Since I ride in the mountains I needed a place to carry a chain saw. Seems like trees are down across the trails a lot here. There just wasn't much room in the bed after a dry box, gas can and most importantly a cooler.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Excellent job Badride ..Definitely want to see finished product please, looks like the front is sticking out a little far on the sides.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts