Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my 2010 RZR 4 sit in the garage all winter and went to start it the other day and nothing happened -- dead battery.

I have read the threads about guys switching to full size optima batteries, or odyssey batteries, but I don't need the extra capacity -- i don't have lights, or a stereo etc. Just want the thing to start when I ask it to.

Is a battery tender going to solve my problem? Anyone running stock battery with only a battery tender and getting good results?

My nephews arrive next week for a short visit and I told them we would go for a long ride; now I am scrambling for a fix.

thanks,
mat

·
Registered
166 Posts
09 on stock battery and mine sits all winter I use CTEX charger on mine but same ideal as battery tender. No battery problems, I have my plug in mounted on my dash so all have to do is plug the charger in at the dash and has a battery indicator.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
yes we keep battery tenders on the 170 and the rzr 4 and everyting to mowers too. saves you from buying new ones too soon. 170 stock battery 2 yrs now and no problems and rzr 4 1 yr old and none either. best 39.00 you can spend.it never lets the battery go low.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If the stock battery is dead...you're going to have a hard time bring it back to life...mine in my 09 lasted about 1.5 years.

You can always go with the Odyssey 545 battery....three times the holding power of the stock, will last for years and it's even smaller than stock (but a tad heavier).

Odyssey Battery for Polaris RZR PC-545

Then get one of these Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive comes with a screw on plug for your battery that you can plug the Tender in and out of...even without taking the seat off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all who responded.

I took the battery to a shop nearby and they managed to bring it back to life. It is performing fine according to their tests and I will be picking it up this week. I also got a tender so I should be ready to go from this point forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts