Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an old subject but I need to rant a little. Today while riding i went out into some deep water. I was watching the water level close so I didnt go over the air intake. Long story short, rzr cut off, I end up coming home, pulling the plugs, taking the exhaust off, and getting all of the water out of the cylinders. The water level never went over the intake so I guess it had to leak around the airbox lid. The manufacture date of my rzr is something like 11/11/08. I thought by that date all of the airbox issues had been resolved :rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the lid has 2 lock tags it wont seal in water, the lids with 3 lock tabs seal pretty well in water. Also check your lid seal it in good condition and clean of debis. I had the same problem on my 08.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Woops! We always flush the motor out with diesel then run a couple cycles of fresh oil/new filter thru them when we drown em' out. That sucks. I wouldnt trust any of the stock airboxes.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Maybe just lucky, i have a gen 1 2008 and i just put grease on the seal of the airbox lid and we go deep all the time, alot of the time it is level with the dash and never had a water leak

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes it was that deep, and it dont matter how deep i go, i have never made a warranty claim and never been on here bitching about faulty parts either, i am a mechanic and i know the risks of driving in the water and also know how to prevent problems and also am well prepared for repair if something does happen, just stating that my old 2 clip airbox ----dont leak---

·
Registered
880 Posts
So called airbox issue was for dust ingestion not water. Really cant blame polaris they state plainly in the owners manual to never go in water deeper than the center of the wheel.
C'mon Gunny, it also says no hill climbs that exceed 15 degrees too!
Heck, you couldn't park it on the porch if you didn't exceed that!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I take full responsibility. Just didn't expect to suck op that much water until I was over the intake. BUT, with the amount of water that got into the airbox, I'm sure its getting dust into it also. I've had it for about a year now and that's the first deep water I've had it in. Changed the oil 4 times today letting it run a couple minutes between each. Everything seems to bee good now. Lesson learned :)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
So called airbox issue was for dust ingestion not water. Really cant blame polaris they state plainly in the owners manual to never go in water deeper than the center of the wheel.
C'mon Gunny, it also says no hill climbs that exceed 15 degrees too!
Heck, you couldn't park it on the porch if you didn't exceed that!
Im only saying, the system was not meant to be submerged but as you say we all do things that they say not to but you do in some cases have to modify the rzr to do things without having a problem. I have went in water up to the bottom of the airbox with no problem but my lid is tight and greased and i run a water repellent pre filter by outerware. Even with that im not going to totally submerge the airbox that is drawing air via the motor its just too risky. If i wanted to go that deep, id snorkle it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts