Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do about sticks and branches coming into the compartment (aside from a full face helmet)? Is there any out there, or will I need a custom set of cables. Last couple of rides I almost got my left ear ripped off my face. Super painful. It's like getting bull-whipped in the ear.

In addition: Are there any quality shatter-proof goggles for my kids that anybody knows of.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Doors, Roof, front and rear windshields. Thats about as good as it gets I guess you could always buy a heavy nylon strap and have your wife make you a net for the gap between the doors and roof. Kinda of like a race car

·
Registered
191 Posts
It would be nice to have a window net option on some of the popular trail doors, like PRP, but with stronger doors.
It might not stop all the intrusions, but should eliminate the "bull-whipping". :)

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doors, Roof, front and rear windshields. Thats about as good as it gets I guess you could always buy a heavy nylon strap and have your wife make you a net for the gap between the doors and roof. Kinda of like a race car
Huhhh. Not looking to seal myself off for all oxygen, but thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I good helment helps
Not looking for a helmet, but that may end up being the ultimate answer. I guess it doesn't have to be full-face.

I'm going to look into making some longitudinal nylon straps that clip up from the nets...they would keep the whip sticks, but not the bigger stuff. They'd be a PITA to remove each time you got out of the machine.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
lol you still get plenty of oxygen. I would not trade my front and rear window for anything.. Keeps the dust and mud off you. They also help a ton on overgrown trails. We are adding doors for winter to help keep us dry. If they block to much air off in the summer, then we will replace the solid panels with with nets. Me and my wife both have took several hits to our legs from sticks and briars. Last trip we were on I ran over large stick and it popped up and hit me right in the arm. I'm looking forward to my new doors :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
You should be using a helmet. But I say the kids must have one. Its prity violent when a RZR rolls over or even just a flop. Its about safety and maybe the life of your kids. I also recommend a harness system to. Its your call but the right safety equipment can lower the risk factor. I even put rist straps in for my wife. It is very hard to keep your hands and arms in when its rolling over. You brain says put your arms out to break the fall but then they get crushed by the roll bars.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You should be using a helmet. But I say the kids must have one. Its prity violent when a RZR rolls over or even just a flop. Its about safety and maybe the life of your kids. I also recommend a harness system to. Its your call but the right safety equipment can lower the risk factor. I even put rist straps in for my wife. It is very hard to keep your hands and arms in when its rolling over. You brain says put your arms out to break the fall but then they get crushed by the roll bars.
That's the ticket. Instinctive reactions will get you every time.

Problem is......My wife wants the wrist strap with diamonds in it........uh, right :rofl3:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kids, wife definitely wear helmets. I will wear one too, just not a full-face MX kind of deal. Sick of the helmets frankly, but will suck it up and wear something basic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts