Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dan Wilder
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I herd a story of a rzr that basically had a system with no head unit. There were amps pushing speakers and subs but no head unit. Just a head phone jack for an ipod. I have no idea how this is posible unless there is an amp with a aux input on it or something along thise lines but am very interested in it if there is a way. Anyone out there who knows how to do this?

·
Registered
419 Posts
i did mine out of pvc using 6.5 infiniy and a ssl fs200 amp...they have aux jacks that you can run with your i pod or any mpx player....mine was very very loud all waterproof..... i got the idea from here Home i talked to josh a few times and they really have their game down in Cajun Country

·
Registered
239 Posts
Skylerchamblee.....any pics of what that looks like? Do you mount it to the roof?

Also...is the pvc pipe completely closed...or is there any vents?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not exactly sure what your looking for, but it sounds like the DunerTunes set up I have on mine fits your description. Amp and speakers mounted on a roof mounted system with an auxilary jack that holds an Ipod in it. Works very well. Check out Duner Tunes and see if that is what you are referring to. They have good pictures on their web site.

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have Duner tuner 200 and its awesome. the sound is great

·
Dan and Christy
141 Posts
I chose to use a WS-420 from Wet Sounds. It is a line drive/equalizer and is supposed to give a much cleaner signal to the amp(s) than just going straight from the Ipod to the amp. I highly recommend this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you have any pics of it . I would love to see it. . Im getting a new cage By Racer Tech and my system will not work with the new cage . How is the mounting bracket?

·
333 Posts
Im running a homemade fiberglass box in my roll cage up top with 2 6.5" speakers, with an amp from walmart under the hood, then i have rca cable thats rca's on one end and aux plug on the other that i plug into my ipod. I put my amp on a toggle switch to turn it on and off. Cheap, loud and works real good!

·
RINO CRASHER
314 Posts
SSV stereo units are AMped under the dash with a simple plug in mounted on the dash that you can pug an I pod, sirius radio or anything else, (Iphone) into for your soursce. They have Pod speakers shaped to the Razor contours with a base mounted center of bottomside of dash. Unit sounds fantastic and there is also inputs and outputs on AMP for running other devices thru the stereo. We will be pipeing my dash mounted sirius radio thru the system and then into PCI race radio headphones for tunes.

·
Registered
513 Posts
any amp with RCA outputs will work. All you will need is a cable with male RCA jacks on one end and male 3.5mm jack on the other end. The RCA jacks plug in to your amp and the 3.5mm jack plugs in to the headphone plug on your mp3 player/Ipod. I went thru 2 radios on my rhino before I went this route. I have this set-up in my Rhino, my RZR and my Boat. my mp3 players have my fav songs and fm radio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts