Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i already have a alpine head unit system in my rzr-4, but it got wet and spoiled.

now i am wondering on getting and ipod to connect it to the amplifier.

do you guys recommend me the ipod? or a headunit?

normally the headunits comes with some preamp power and i dont think the ipod will give me that power. and because of this the system may be not so loud as it used to...? am I right with these?

on the other hand i can install a ssv works subwoofer in the place that the head unit is (under the dash) take advantage of it.

i'll be very grateful with your comments.

thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I personally say IPod connection with a amp... I personally have Sirius in mine along with Ipod and I actually never use the Ipod just the Sirius. I also suggest the sub it makes things sound really good..

·
Registered
932 Posts
I put a head unit in mine and it now seems like I only listen to the ipod plugged into it. If i had to do it over again I would just run an amp with the ipod.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I installed a Jensen marine unit. It's SIRIUS ready, full Ipod control capable, am/fm tuner, mp3/wma from a usb flash drive, and has 1GB of internal storage so I always have something to listen to. 50x4 internal amp. I mounted the controller at the bottom of the dash.

The main box for the unit tucked up nicely above the column. I'm building overhead boxes and an underdash sub box now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ipod for sure

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Just an idea, you can go with this volume control and input kit for $50.00 MARINE VOLUME CONTROL KIT

or this Pelican Case with wireless remote for $50.00(add a volume knob for manual volume control for $15.00 extra.
PELICAN 1030 MICRO CASE WITH iJET WIRELESS REMOTE

The low level coming out of the ipod will work perfect with any amp and speaker combination. You shouldn't notice any difference in loudness. Ive done the expensive deck thing and this route.... I personally like the pelican box with wireless control and a manual volume knob. Changing songs is easy with the remote and having the manual volume knob on the dash is really convenient. Set your ipod on treble booster (or map it on itunes)and you will be good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts