Which Stereo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing the SSV but I would like to poll everyone and see what they run and thier opinion on thier system. I will also remove the stock battery and replace it with an Optima yellow top.

Which stereo has the best sound and holds up the best for all types of trails? Feel free to talk about battery combinations as well...

·
Kansas-Kid
402 Posts
I was considering the overhad set up form SSV but after I had the RZR on its side I would hate to crack a $700 system. Thats why I made up my mind on the Fusion head unit and the SSV pods with the Alpine upgrade. I like the Fusion head unit because its water proof and your iPod goes inside the unit, displays the songs, and you get a clock that went missing after 09. Now trying to stash away some money for tunes.

·
Registered
736 Posts
kansas-kid have u already got ur fusion? i did the ssv system and have rolled mine over and had no problems and it sounds great. it is completely water proof like they claim ran my iphone 4 in it when i was power washing it and y i was playing in the water holes and never got it wet. they sound great.

also kansas-kid- where are you located at? where do u ride mostly. i saw it said manhattan ks. i live in topeka and have been trying to find some good places to ride. let me know we make it to randolph every so often.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I personally have a custom system that I built for myself for next to nothing but my time. It also sounds awesome with the 600 watt amp, 6 1/2 component set, 12" sub and Sirius radio or iPod.

·
Kansas-Kid
402 Posts
kansas-kid have u already got ur fusion? i did the ssv system and have rolled mine over and had no problems and it sounds great. it is completely water proof like they claim ran my iphone 4 in it when i was power washing it and y i was playing in the water holes and never got it wet. they sound great.

also kansas-kid- where are you located at? where do u ride mostly. i saw it said manhattan ks. i live in topeka and have been trying to find some good places to ride. let me know we make it to randolph every so often.
I live 5 miles south of Randolph. I mostly ride there or the backroads when I dont go out of town to ride. Randolph is having the Briggs Jeep Jamboree October 23rd and the infamous Ricky Bobby event November 13th. Also check out my YouTube videos type in "Tuttlepuddle"

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
There are many different stereos and setups to choose from........just knowing your options is sometimes impossible.

I needed something completely waterproof/weatherproof, underdash (instead of overhead), and something that would house my ipod. I went with a Fusion marine model head unit and stayed with my existing polaris under dash speaker pods. Sounds incredible and being 100% water proof is tops in my book (I ride in the rain, hose out my RZR, and get the occasional jet ski blast at the beach) Here's a link to my stereo thread: http://www.rzrforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/33949-my-new-fusion-stereo.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I thought about it and decided that I would rather have everything consolidated into one package. I pulled the trigger on the SSV system last night (also ordered the racer tech 2" lift and a battery tray for an Optima battery!). I figure less wires run throughout the rzr can't be a bad thing...

I did consider other custom systems due to you guys' posts. I really appreciate all the input. This forum has been VERY helpfull. I am going to have to upgrade my membership $. :pint:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have a custom set up that I installed. It has the Polaris 6 1/2" kick pods and a kenwood head unit I mounted under the dash. If I had to do it over again I would defiantly have bought the rugged radios intercom and just hooked an ipod to it. I have been considering selling the set up I have now and getting the intercom. It would be much easier to hear when driving and having the ability to talk with ease to your passenger would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have a Rugged Radio's intercom system and plug my Iphone into it. Works great for everything. Also plug a car to car radio into it.
me too :ride:

made a custom composite box for the intercom and radio as well :shhh:

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
Rugged system for me. I like music but dont want to supply everyone else around with it. Plus IMO it adds too much weight to the car. I have been really torn on this subject but after buying the rugged system and using my ipod I am definitely happy with my choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts