Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bent a tie rod so I bought l&w to replace oem. Now I’ve noticed it take a 40 acre field seem likes to turn to the right, I adjusted them to the original ones, steering wheel is right where it was from the beginning turns left just fine. I bought the ones with the rebuildable ends that fit the steering rack side. I never noticed this problem till I changed the the tie rods

·
Super Moderator
6,519 Posts
Your rack is off center. Center the steering wheel (equal turns both directions) and adjust the tie-rods so the wheels are straight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I’ll check but like I said I really don’t know how that could’ve happened taking one off at a time and measuring the original ones but hey that’s my luck

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Ok I’ll check but like I said I really don’t know how that could’ve happened taking one off at a time and measuring the original ones but hey that’s my luck
Before you take it apart again, it's a simple test. Put your wheels straight. Then turn the wheel to lock one direction and count the turns. Then return the wheels to straight ahead. Then turn the other direction and count the turns. Are they the same? Then your rack is centered. If not, then it isn't.

As for how it could happen (shrug) that's just the way it goes. What matters is whether it's right, not whether it's the same as before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll try that never thought of that since the steering wheel never was straight from day one and like I said I never noticed the issue with the oem tie rods could have had the problem from day one I really don’t know never really noticed but thanks I’ll give that a try

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If the steering wheel was not straight from day one then whoever assembled it and/or did the "Pre-Delivery Inspection" they love to try and charge people extra for at the dealer obviously didn't give two shits whether it was right. Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help m going to check tomorrow evening when I get off work as far as pre-delivery inspection haha at our local dealership anyway my son bought a can am x3 xds rr and got it home he went down the road and came back looking it over and the springs weren’t even tighten up lol I said no wonder it was setting on the ground literally seems like all these dealers are worried about getting you out the door with them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts