Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So quick question. Thinking about an aftermarket wheel from pro armor bit info not want anything that sets the wheel closer to the driver. Do all aftermarket wheels do This? I can't find a good answer online.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I can't comment on the pro armor wheel, but I have a Grant GT wheel on mine and it didnt move it forward or back at all, in the same location as stock. The stock steering wheel is just fugly imo..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel.i am interested in is the assault tomahawk so any feed back from someone who has this wheel would be great.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I can't comment on the pro armor wheel, but I have a Grant GT wheel on mine and it didnt move it forward or back at all, in the same location as stock. The stock steering wheel is just fugly imo..
Superjunior, what did you have to do to adapt it to your RZR?
I'm pretty sure it came with an adapter plate. Its actually a polaris part, or they advertise it as such. I ordered the polaris performanc steering wheel, and to my suprise it was the grant gt, not even the same one as pictured in the catalog. I had the dealership install it as I don't have a steering wheel puller.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Pro Armor Circle Force steering wheel with their adapter. The stock wheel measures 4 3/8" high when sitting on a flat surface. The Pro Armor measures 4" from the back of the adapter to the outside of the wheel.
There is no noticeable difference that I can tell between the steering wheels as far as distance to driver. There is a huge difference in feel and looks!
Just measured the back spacing on the stock wheel, it is about 3/8". As near as I can tell on the installed Pro Armor adapter, it has about 1/2" back space.
That would put the Pro Armor wheel about 1/4" further from the driver. Not enough to notice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts