Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stubborn steering wheel removal, I followed the directions but can't get the wheel off to save my life.

Remove cap, remove bolt, use punch and hammer while having someone pull on the wheel.

This steering wheel will not come off

Any help or ideas?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried using two tie downs as tight as I could get them still nothing, Did Polaris add a set crew or something?

·
Back in the Saddle
4,063 Posts
I had a little bit of a hard time at first, but I did this:

Lowered the wheel, and put my knees BEHIND the bottom of the wheel, and pressed my legs against the floorboard, which forced the bottom of the wheel towards me...

While doing that, tapped on the TOP of the wheel from the back, with a rubber mallet, and it popped right off!

:)

·
Registered
22,930 Posts
This is what I was talking about and one time the puller started to gouge the steering wheel so I cut two little aluminum blocks that I slide up in the steering wheel holes so the puller legs hit the blocks instead of plastic also guys remember to keep the nut on the shaft till the wheel starts moving because I was pulling on one and it came loose fast and hit me in the face like a mutherfocker

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put a bolt in one of the holes and used a claw hammer to pull on it like a nail and it came right off .I did soak it in PBblaster overnight first

·
Vendor
1,585 Posts
Looks like someone brought back a 12 year old thread to pimp a product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts