Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my steering was getting stiff in a certain spot recently. Later found out that it was the lower u joint on the steering shaft. Very seized up. Don't even know how I could steer at all. Anyway, Polaris won't sell just the u joint. They have to sell the whole shaft. Which is ok, if thats the only choice I have, but I would like to find just the u joint. We have gotten it out and it is tiny, so it might be tough to find. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Oh, does anyone know what cv boots from an auto parts place will cross over and fit a rzr. I saw that one time on here and can't find it anymore. Thanks for any help folks!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I noticed that my steering was getting stiff in a certain spot recently. Later found out that it was the lower u joint on the steering shaft. Very seized up. Don't even know how I could steer at all. Anyway, Polaris won't sell just the u joint. They have to sell the whole shaft. Which is ok, if thats the only choice I have, but I would like to find just the u joint. We have gotten it out and it is tiny, so it might be tough to find. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Oh, does anyone know what cv boots from an auto parts place will cross over and fit a rzr. I saw that one time on here and can't find it anymore. Thanks for any help folks!
how much did polaris want for the whole shaft?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris wanted 120ish for the whole shaft, which isn't that big of a deal, but it would have been nice find just the joint. Anyway, I already gave up and order it from CheapCycle for bout the same money. I couldn't get to the dealer during business hours easily. MAY have made a mistake there. Been 5 days and their automated bs still says "the order is being processed in our warehouse" Not impressed with those guys just yet.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yeah i didn't have good luck with them they take forever. while your waiting on the parts, try hosing the joints down with PB blaster and spinning the wheel. i do it to mine when they seem sluggish and it helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the hint but they finally shipped the shaft 7 days later. Oh well, i wouldn't have had time to ride anyway. Patience isn't my strongest suit. Got the parts today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.