Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost broke my left hand last week as the front wheels ''decided'' to go in a different way that i wanted and the steering wheel kicked back and the middle spoke caught my hand and almost decapitated it...
So here is my question... since i don't want to install a power steering for over a thousant dollars, does a steering wheel with the center is full aluminium or full solid plastic exist? that way if it kicks back, nothing can get caught! what do you think of the idea and have you seen such a beast? i'm sure i have seen this in some race cars somewhere...

·
&#9668;&#9658;STARS & STRIPES&#9668;&#9658;
3,832 Posts
I almost broke my left hand last week as the front wheels ''decided'' to go in a different way that i wanted and the steering wheel kicked back and the middle spoke caught my hand and almost decapitated it...
So here is my question... since i don't want to install a power steering for over a thousant dollars, does a steering wheel with the center is full aluminium or full solid plastic exist? that way if it kicks back, nothing can get caught! what do you think of the idea and have you seen such a beast? i'm sure i have seen this in some race cars somewhere...
Ive heard of kick-back, but your describing something almost biblical! Personally I havnt seen any "solid" type steering wheels..Its not that we cant find one, I'm sure we can, and Ill spend some time browsing, its just the "adapter" getting one that will fit... Good Luck
and your right..the EPS would be a permanant fix... but lots of $$$ (but it sure makes it fun, You should have seen the smile on AKsean's Face today when he got to play with mine~wait..that sounded bad...really bad..:rofl3:)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I just have trained myself to never put my thumbs inside the steering wheel, I to have had real intense wheel bump, so far so good,
John

·
<<< My personal RZR jack
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guy's guess what, i found it !!! here is the link

15 Inch Aluminum Solid Steering Wheel
even if the center pieces is not right, i will bring it to a machine shop around here and have it modified, believe me!!! No more hand that will look like a boxing glove :popcorn:

·
&#9668;&#9658;STARS & STRIPES&#9668;&#9658;
3,832 Posts
Hey guy's guess what, i found it !!! here is the link

15 Inch Aluminum Solid Steering Wheel
even if the center pieces is not right, i will bring it to a machine shop around here and have it modified, believe me!!! No more hand that will look like a boxing glove :popcorn:
Yeah, I can see it pretty clearly, your definetly going to need a custom adapter..but its a nice wheel..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts