Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement steering boot for a 2008 RZR? 400 miles and they are cracked and torn! Are there any other heavy duty replacements available? Polaris only has the driver side available, backorder on the passenger side until late October.....What! Please post or PM me if you can help......thanks in advance!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I picked one up at a local John deere dealer. The John Deere gator boot was a lot thicker than the stock popo ones. I have the part # at home, I'll post it up later. Or you could call unisteer they have replacements

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement steering boot for a 2008 RZR? 400 miles and they are cracked and torn! Are there any other heavy duty replacements available? Polaris only has the driver side available, backorder on the passenger side until late October.....What! Please post or PM me if you can help......thanks in advance!
The 2008 and 2009 came with short boots. If you reorder new boots they will be longer. Make sure you order both right and left side, they are different. Cost you around $39.00 for the both. Easy to install yourself. Got mine from Cheap Cycle Parts .Com

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you order the stock boots? I was told poo has a backorder on the passenger side. I'm only torn on the driver side but want both new. The polaris dealer wants 37.95 for each side! I have a 30 day warranty from the dealer so I'm thinking they may spring for it. Only had the machine for 3 weeks and it only has about 500 miles on it with 60 hours.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Did you order the stock boots? I was told poo has a backorder on the passenger side. I'm only torn on the driver side but want both new. The polaris dealer wants 37.95 for each side! I have a 30 day warranty from the dealer so I'm thinking they may spring for it. Only had the machine for 3 weeks and it only has about 500 miles on it with 60 hours.
It took them a week and a half to get them to me. I just put them on today. I was going to make a post about the short boots when I seen your post , so just added to yours. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes they are stock boots. But I am told that the factory one for those years were changed because of to much stress on the short boot. Keep in mind that the drivers side has a larger opening at the steering box then the passenger side.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
waiting to hear back from the dealer. I also saw a post that the JD Gator has a boot that fits and it's much heavier. Not sure what year or model gator so that post does me no good!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I picked one up at a local John deere dealer. The John Deere gator boot was a lot thicker than the stock popo ones. I have the part # at home, I'll post it up later. Or you could call unisteer they have replacements
Here's the part # for the JD gator one that I used AM140845. They could be used on both sides. Read the rest of my post and it might do you some good, unisteer carries replacements and they're a forum vendor also!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had the drivers side ordered for a week and a half and I still dont have it. Did you guys pack a lot of greese in yours when you put the new boot on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts