Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to replace some bent radius rods.
My machine is not a trailer queen so pretty and stylish isn鈥檛 my concern at all, strength, durability, and build quality are my focus. I use the machine on pretty much all terrain Including heavy rock and deep ruts, hence the bent rods! 馃槈 Only place I don鈥檛 ride is dunes.

Id like the following features.
  • steel construction 4140 or DOM
  • no heim joints
  • not looking for uppers
  • high clearance
Thanks in advance for your help.

Aspiring Perfectionist
I think you're going to have a hard time finding a decent aftermarket radius rod that doesn't use a heim joint, at least on the outboard mount...why no heim joints? And I'm assuming you're looking for high clearance?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're going to have a hard time finding a decent aftermarket radius rods the doesn't use a heim joint, at least on the outboard mount...why no heim joints? And I'm assuming you're looking for high clearance?
SORRY... Yes I should of said high clearance.
For me.. I'm just not a fan of the heim joints. They definitely have their place and I'm sure they work flawless for some people, but just not on my machine preferably. Since posting this originally I've really been looking at the OEM rock and trail or high lifter setup. I certainly dont want a pissing contest or to offend anybody on what they like, was just hoping to see some real world feedback. Thank you for your reply RWB713.

Aspiring Perfectionist
No need for an apology lol, I ain't hating on ya, ya don't like heims, ya don't like heims, that's fair enough, and your preference, all good. I just wanted a little more info before I could point you in a direction lol. That being said, you've already found the direction I would point you in. The OEM TRE/HL rods are probably your best bet given that criteria.

Registered
I just happen to have some stock radius rods off of a '18 HLE. They are high clearance, and no heim joints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts